New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Slash5469, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Slash5469 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am having a little dilemma. I want to ( this is gonna make you happy) go for mac ( i currently own an old Dell 8200) and was looking forward to buying a macbook pro this week. But i read about the upcoming update with the penryn precessor and all... Now i can wait until February 29th cauz then i have to go to France for a few months and won't be able to buy a macbook Pro there ( because of the euro- dollar exchange rate). Do you think that the new macbook pros will be out by then or should i just buy one now?
    Plus, Is it really going to be a big update ( new design likely? ) or is the penryn processor not going to change much? I want to keep this laptop for a while so maybe having a SSE4 enabled processor wouldnt be bad...
    Tell me what you guys think, i have been reading about those new macbook pros all over mac rumors forums and i don't know what to do anymore ^^

Thank you for your help and sorry for the long thread :p

2. blairwillis macrumors regular

3. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you mean (a) tuesday? People have been saying that the new macbook might be commin next tuesday for the last 3 tuesdays ^^ Plus if they are doing some design changes won't they wait for the WWDC in june?

4. omore1234 macrumors member

I'm hoping for a new design in the next couple of weeks but I really doubt it. :( If there is not a design change in the next few weeks then I will be holding out til june b/c I am a design student and am in need of power and great form.

5. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

If you can wait a few weeks I would recommend it. It is widely expected that updates to the MacBook Pro line are on the horizon. Hopefully they are released soon.

6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

lol in need of great form? You are obviously not in *need* of a MBP for anything if you can play the waiting game til June!

7. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well as i said i can only wait till february 29 th :(
    I can't wait to finally have that MBP i've been saving up for a while now. I can't take this dell crap anymore. But i'd be pissed off if i bought a MBP and they came out with a new one a month after. :cool:

8. eswank macrumors 6502

Here's my favorite quote:

"You can wait forever, but no matter when you buy one, a new one will never be more than six months away."

Buy one. Be happy with what you have. It'll last you years to come. :D

9. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol yeah well these MBP are 8 months old... Let's hope they won't wait for them to be one year old before they upgrade them ^^ ( Goooo February 12th!!! )

10. DanBUK macrumors regular

Wait until the 29th Feb. New ones right around the corner, I can smell it. Likely to be same form factor without a big fanfare.

(competing interest: I really want one soon);)

11. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah well if anyone has any info about when it's going to be released please let me know!
    By the way what would you like Apple to change in the design of the MBP?

12. odaiwai macrumors member

Apple product updates tend to come on Tuesdays (pacific time), so wait until Wednesday 27 Feb to make a decision.

13. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

yeah I agree, you can't do anything wrong waiting untill the 27th!!!
    Now let's pray :D

14. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

15. MacSamurai macrumors regular

MacSamurai

to who?

16. Slash5469 thread starter macrumors newbie

to whoever or whatever you worship. Or just to Steve Job's good will ^^

17. greeneggs28 macrumors newbie

greeneggs28

I just hope...

I just hope that they will still have the options of choosing anti-glare coating or glossy. :(