New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fup4000, May 22, 2008.

1. fup4000 macrumors member

fup4000

ok so i hve a Powerbook G4
    i am ready to buy a MacBook Pro..
    but i am trying to find out if anyone heard about the New MacBook Pro tht suppose to be coming out soon?

Thx.:rolleyes:

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

if you can; wait to see what is announced in june.

3. fup4000 thread starter macrumors member

fup4000

4. luckystriked macrumors regular

I'm waiting until June. If there's nothing new i'll buy the current macbook.

5. bbbensen macrumors 6502

6. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

yeah...this coming tuesday or the next. steve emailed me and told me.

7. tturland macrumors member

tturland

I'd strongly recommend you get the current MacBook Pro's as if they are to be replaced with a new design, you know the current design has reached its maximum performance. I've just bought the current 2.5Ghz mid MacBook Pro and couldn't be happier.....far snappier than my iMac G5 2.0Ghz I had before. Plus I won't be too disappointed if Apple do launch a new MacBook Pro.....if I need to upgrade in 18 months, then I will.

My golden rule with Apple is to always buy the rev B products since they will iron out the little niggles and bugs when first launching anything.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's suppose to be announce sometime around WWDC 2008.

"Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited." Stop trolling.

9. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

I would buy the current version...Apple is likely to refresh the MBP in sept-oct with the new chips. The most recent upgrade was at the end of Feb. and a June update (especially in light of the 3G iphone) is highly unlikely)..

If you listen to the people on these boards, you will never upgrade your computer..you'll just keep waiting until next tuesday..

10. fup4000 thread starter macrumors member

fup4000

thx alot...ill give it to June...if nothing new...i get one thn!

thx again:apple:

11. JacobC macrumors member

I'm wanting to get a Macbook Pro, and I'm definitely waiting until after next week!

12. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I'm typing this on a new MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz. And I have to say it's fantastic! A wonderful upgrade from my previous 12" G4 1GHz PowerBook! That said, there may be an announcement in June but I wouldn't hold my breath. And if it is a new design please remember that it will be a rev A, and therefore you will effectively be a beta tester.

I can't see that any new design would be radically different, considering the MacBook Air is not so different to the MacBook Pro in terms of design. It may get thinner, but then part of that is hardware constraints - look at all the compromises that had to go into the MB Air! - and it's not as if the current design is a brick either. I love mine.

Still, you might as well wait a month or two if you can afford the luxury. I can't see that they will be considerably faster until 2009 though.

13. JacobC macrumors member

Is that your Macbook Pro in your profile picture?

I must say, Macbook Pro's are so pretty!

14. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

Thats the 12" PowerBook, notice the keys go right to the edge of the laptop casing

15. JacobC macrumors member

Indeed you are correct, I just saw that now that I took a closer look. Pretty Powerbook regardless. Haha!

16. effer macrumors member