New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lukegarnz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. lukegarnz macrumors member

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a new macbook pro today. Going from a macbook to this i am very happy, i love this thing so much yet i've only had it for a few hours so far.

Just wondering, should the new MBPs come with the front row remote? mine hasn't but my MB did. If it should i'll pop back to the store and get it.

Cheers

Luke

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No. They don't come with Apple Remotes anymore.

3. lukegarnz thread starter macrumors member

that has to be the quickest response ever!!!

Oh well never mind guess i'll keep the one that came with my MB

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I guess they are trying to save few dollars; I would say I never used it before; now I went and bought my own and I use it a lot.

And congratulations on the new machine.

5. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

I managed to get a remote for my MBP and it was only bought a couple of months ago, the day the new one came out, it's when they stopped doing them

6. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I have two Mac remotes and don’t use either one. One came with my Apple TV but I programmed my Harmony remote to operate it. The other came with my MB Pro because I had bought a discontinued model, which shipped with the remote. You need it or a universal remote for an Apple TV but because I don’t use Front Row, I haven’t used it all with my MB Pro.

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

I got an Apple Remote with my iMac but it sets attached to side of the computer never getting used. Besides, my URC remote is programmed for it anyway.