New Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acuriouslad, Jul 27, 2010.

1. acuriouslad macrumors regular

Just received my new Macbook Pro - this time without any stuck pixels - and it is STUNNING! What quality that is why I paid over $2000 and why I am glad to do so! :D

Specs - 15" 2.4 i5 with the high resolution screen

I just need to tell someone who would appreciate a new Mac as much as I do right now :)

2. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

don’t worry, we all appreciate a new Mac just as much as you do.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

it is! i was excited when i ordered mine! hah =)

4. canderton macrumors member

Congrats man, I've got almost the same spec machine(look in sig)

5. gigi11192 macrumors member

6. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I take it in your previous MBP you had stuck pixels, so did they swap it out for you or is this a new model MBP different from the model of the MBP with the dead pixels?

I only ask because eventually i plan on ordering a high res MBP and seeing as they don't sell them in the apple stores, im worried what my options are it has any dead/stuck pixels when i receive it. I know when you get something it an apple store you can just bring it to the store and they will swap it out in the first 14 days w/e ever the reason even if you only have 1 stuck pixel. Do they do the same thing if you order online? As in can you just ship it back and they replace the screen or ship a new one?

7. acuriouslad thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah they swapped it for me but not after a bit of trouble as I didn't order from Apple Online I got it through my uni. I went to an apple store and they said they would just replace it for me if I had bought it online - as in they would order a new one for me - instead I had to call Apple to sort it out.

8. Jenko macrumors regular

Congratulations on your new arrival is it a boy or girl. Only messing, I like you am eagerly awaiting my MBP 15" i7 HR glossy, it should be here August 5th. I like you am os excited as this is my first Apple purchase after a decade of windows pc desktops and trojans and other viruses. I know now what the expression 'like a kid locked in a candy store" feels like.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

ordered mine with HR screen without any issues/stuck pixels. Not to say that yours won't BUT, I did ask the dorks at the "Genius Bar" and they did state that if your screen is "defective" then they can order a new one and have it shipped. I'm not sure if the store will get it and repair it on the spot or if they will simply facilitate the process and put in the order and you have to send your MBP away. information from the "Genius Bar" does vary from state to state and employee to employee.