Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csanchez70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I just purchased a new Macbook (Nov. 1st) and I tried to set up boot camp only to find that the boot camp assistant is not there. If you have a new macbook would you let me know if you have boot camp assistant, it should be in Applications/Utilities.

By the way I have the 2.20 Black version. Thanks.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I just purchased a new Macbook (Nov. 1st) and I tried to set up boot camp only to find that the boot camp assistant is not there. If you have a new macbook would you let me know if you have boot camp assistant, it should be in Applications/Utilities.

By the way I have the 2.20 Black version. Thanks.

are you running mac os x leopard? If not you won't have boot camp, but if you have a macbook that new they should have given you a copy at the apple store, or given you a piece of paper or something in the mail that would get you a copy.

csanchez70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Yes I have Leopard, it was pre-installed on the computer, I'm re-installing now to see if that will do it.

toast4

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
i had the same problem... just re-installed leopard and it's there now, dunno what the heck was going on :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.