New MacBook Pros Along With Lion's Debut??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Is it true that Apple will release even better MacBooks upon Mac OS X 10.7 Lion's release in June? I plan to get one by then or at least sometime after because I am beginning to do stuff that requires even more power than a Unibody's Core 2 Duo and 9400M. If you plan on mentioning any Intel HD 3000 ****** to me, then don't talk at all. LOL

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

No one but Apple knows that, but I personally doubt the MacBook Pro will be updated that soon, it just was last month or so.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Very unlikely that they would release new hardware with Lion.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

No for both of these reasons. They were just updated recently and Apple has no history of simultaneous sw/hw releases.

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

No their wont be, But apple has history of simultaneous sw/hw, just no recent history of it (we just have to go back a few years or so (iLife '05, Mac Mini) and several OS Upgrades back in the between-jobs-era) - But no, there wont be new MBPs, there arent any chips to actually upgrade the MBPs too.

6. Sawtooth811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Despite this, I will probably breakdown and buy a new 15" after Lion's debut, but with Radeon and Thunderbolt.