New Macbook Pro's are coming out tomorrow

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dogster, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dogster macrumors member

Ok this is just a little humor with all the posts and whining and waiting. I do work as a consultant for Apple and I haven't heard a thing. My opinion is their will be maybe a slight refresh and in the late spring early summer a few major changes. Lets face it us professionals are just a small part of the market that APPLE cares about and unfortunately thats the bottom line. Hope none of you are offended by my little bit of humor

Doug:)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Humor? Where?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I see spelling errors, but no humour.

I think the humour is the rumour here.

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

This may be a joke or whatever, but it did get me to thinking about MBP updates. If they do actually go to the Core Ix processors, is it a big enough update to warrant an event, or do they just slip it onto the website? This isn't just a speed bump to Core 2, it is an entirely new line of processors.

5. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Apple should also take as much care with us Pro users too. I know they sell more of the bottom line products now a days but us pro user are what gives them the real cash and to spend 1000 to 2000 on a laptop or a workstation should be taken care of

The service i do get though is brilliant form apple, just think we should see a update soon with these i7's

6. zebualvi macrumors newbie

Haha! :D

7. Cretmeister macrumors newbie

Maybe the update is inside us all, and once Apple announces it, we'll realise that it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle Unibody and Auntie Backlit-Keyboard, and it's that, if we ever go looking for our heart's desire again, we won't look any further than our own backyard. Because if it isn't there, we never really lost it to begin with!
    (Is that right?)

8. DJTHEFUNNY macrumors member

SadlyI HopeThisIsn'tTrue

While Adding The new i Series Chips Would Probably Do Some Amazing things To The Computer I JUST Bought My Mac This Past Summer And Would Hate For It To Already Be "The Old MacBook Pro" Already But I'm Anxious To See When They Do With Them Though

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Your machine is still usable.

And considering your logic, an update should only come every two to four years, when your Mac is ready to be replaced by something new.

If you are so keen on getting the latest, sell your current Mac now, and buy the updated model. You will loose some money, but you can sleep better.

And also what is the deal with capital first letters? I'm curious, as I see that quite often.

10. Strobe macrumors member

Welcome to the technology world. Buying an Apple computer already gave you a long amount of time for having the "newest" model since they update less frequently than other brands. As many say, "Technology is out of date by the time you take it home," or something along those lines, haha.

I am still quite content with my Early '08 MBP. I would love to have that new battery they put in those uMBP's and the curved bezel to pick them up easier, but I haven't seen a speed bump large enough to justify another $2000 purchase.

On a side note, if the new uMBP's have i7's and provide a decent speed bump, my pristine condition '08 MBP will be for sale on eBay or anyone who has a good offer on here.

11. JAF macrumors newbie

iMac with i5 processor

I just looked at the best buy and apple website and the 27'' iMac has the i5 processor.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...play/9611596.p?id=1218131142901&skuId=9611596

From apple website:

Processor and memory

* 21.5-inch and 27-inch models, one of the following:
    o 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache
    o 3.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache
    * 27-inch models only, one of the following:
    o 2.66GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.2GHz
    o 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores

12. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

The i5/i7 in the iMac are quad-core Lynnfields. The new MBPs are expected to use dual-core, four-thread Arrandales.