New MacBook Pros -- Chime In!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NamisloC, Apr 2, 2008.

?

What would you like to see improved most of all?

1. Faster Processor.

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. More RAM.

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Graphics

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  4. Other (Yellow display issue can go here I guess...)

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. NamisloC macrumors newbie

What would you like to see in the new MacBook Pros that should be coming out in a few months?

I was really hoping to see the Intel quad-core unveiled first in an Apple notebook but I guess maybe next year since they're not set to release until Quarter 3 of this year. I would like to see the MBP have the ability to address 6gb of RAM (3 x 2gb). I'm pretty happy with the graphics card in my 1st Gen MBP but I guess for those serious gamers out there an upgraded card would probably put a smile on there face. Obviously the display issues that have haunted so many of the newer MBP owners are out of hand and I think that apple needs to release a fix for the problem ASAP. IMO, Waiting for the next major update is unacceptable and since most, if not all, of these computers are still under the 1 year warranty, they should be fixed free of charge.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

oh god not another speculation thread, that being said i do kinda like the poll you made, id have to say processor, quad core would be really sweet, but i still dont think its possible yet just because of cooling issues

3. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I'd like to see it get everything. Then again, I'm not in the market for any computers at this time. Hopefully, by the time I would need a new MBP, it will have a Core3 (and all brand new issues :p).

4. RedAbundance macrumors member

i'm most concerned about yellowing screen, keyboard marks on screen, the laptop being wobbly, or peeling paint, and of course that ugly rubber/plastic edge. ram can be installed easily and cheaply. cpu and graphics can only improve so much with penryn/montevina. i'm hoping for a DRASTIC case redesign and standard SSD.

5. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

There's no need to address 6 GB of ram. Most people can't even use 4 GB that they insist on putting in their machines.

As for the rest, it's all a given.

6. Ubele macrumors 6502a

I'd like to see it get a hot pink paint job, polka dots, a 3" floppy drive, built-in AM radio, and a bug zapper for when you use it outdoors on hot summer nights -- i.e., features that won't make me at all sorry I bought a new MPB three weeks ago rather than waiting for the next version. ;)

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I was going to say the same thing. :rolleyes:

8. NamisloC thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like the majority want to see the graphics card improved. What would you recommend for an improved card?

I personally would like to see the GeForce 7900 (or 7950, I don't think there is any significant difference).

9. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Errm.. the latest MBPs use nVidia GeForce 8600m GT, with 256/512MB VRAM. Maybe you mean the 9600/9650 instead of 7xxx series?

10. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

What I MOST want to see is blu-ray.

Stick a read/write drive in there and I'm sold because that would be great for storage.

11. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

just curious...why do you all want better graphics? i would think an upgrade to quad core would be much more beneficial on a pro machine like this, espically for people like me who use this as their only mac

12. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

if you're a PRO and you're into graphics work/ video editing, final cut PRO etc.
    an MBP cannot substitute a Mac PRO..
    not in the near future.:)

13. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

obviously i would like the yellow issue to be fixed once and for all and also i would like to get the 15" screen rez increased to atleast 1680x1050 standard.

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I wouldn't mind if they put a Quadro FX 1600M or a 3200M. At least we can use Maya or AutoCAD for efficiently in Windows.