New Macbook Pro's coming? (13inch) or it a safe buying time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdventurousJosh, Sep 23, 2009.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    I heard there were rumored macbooks coming soon, but what about Macbook pros? I'm thinking about buying a 13inch today but want to know first,

Thanks.

Josh

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

For 13" no changes are expected untill the new year. If you need a computer, buy a computer :)

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There will always be something new coming, if you need it now and the current one does everything you need buy it now. If it doesn't either wait or buy something else if you need it now.

4. iMacmatician macrumors 601

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

6. womble2k2 macrumors regular

It is the white Macbook, not the 13 inch Macbook Pro that the rumour sites are talking about.

Phil

7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

What About the Core i7 Mobiles??

No one thinks that Apple will silently refresh CPU options for the MBP's now that the mobile Core i7's are out?? I do. I've got a buddy almost ready to buy a 13" MBP but I may tell him to hold off a bit (he's not in that big a rush anyway)

8. darkdream macrumors member

You should never buy a macbookpro just keep waiting for the "next one" to come out. It will never be too long until it does.

9. n19htmare macrumors member

I hear they're releasing an AWESOME macbook 13 with OLED screen, Blu-Ray and all in 2014. So wait :p

In all seriousness, I doubt there will be a refresh, and silently? Forget about.

Apple keynotes are the biggest PR they get. There is no way they will upgrade something and not do it during a keynote or something. So yah, forget about it till possibly mid next year.

10. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Clarksfield, which just got released, uses a lot of power and generates a lot of heat and might not ever go into MBPs. Check out the Waiting for Arrandale thread for more details.

11. Kevtech1 macrumors member

New Macbook Pro's coming? (13inch) or it a safe buying time?

I bought the MBP 13" back in July of this year and I can tell you buying now will not be a mistake. Now if you bought prior to the ones released in July.. I feel bad for those folks. The sd card slot, 7 hour battery, lower price were huge upgrades! Besides Macs are like BMW's. Take care of it and you can always resell it on eBay for 15-25% less than what you paid, and then turn around and buy the upgraded by chipping in a couple hundred. The Blu-Ray drive, faster processors will all be nice if and when its released- but don't forsee that being this year...

12. awesomedeluxe macrumors member

Nailed it. Especially not in the 13 inch! It's a slim slim slim chance that it even makes it into the 17 inch notebook.

To echo earlier sentiments, now is probably a good time to buy--it will probably be about four months before a new 13 inch macbook pro shows up.

13. superlatic macrumors regular

Would be nice if Apple introduced a matte option silently but it more than likely will not happen.

14. prodigee macrumors 6502a

What he said.

And really until Arrandale is out, I really can not see the MBP's being release because of the heat issues with the current clarksdale chip, and the amount of power they consume.

Also to put it in perspective, my friend just sold his 2006 white macbook for $700 so really if there was a upgrade right now you could sell a current uMBP for like 100 less than what you bought it for, if it was in good condition of course.