New Macbook Pro's coming? (13inch) or it a safe buying time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdventurousJosh, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

    Aug 11, 2008
    Hey guys,
    I heard there were rumored macbooks coming soon, but what about Macbook pros? I'm thinking about buying a 13inch today but want to know first,


  2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a


    May 16, 2006
    For 13" no changes are expected untill the new year. If you need a computer, buy a computer :)
  3. 0007776 Suspended


    Jul 11, 2006
    There will always be something new coming, if you need it now and the current one does everything you need buy it now. If it doesn't either wait or buy something else if you need it now.
  4. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Jul 20, 2008
  5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604


    Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
  6. womble2k2 macrumors regular

    Apr 1, 2009
    It is the white Macbook, not the 13 inch Macbook Pro that the rumour sites are talking about.

  7. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030


    Jan 10, 2007
    What About the Core i7 Mobiles??

    No one thinks that Apple will silently refresh CPU options for the MBP's now that the mobile Core i7's are out?? I do. I've got a buddy almost ready to buy a 13" MBP but I may tell him to hold off a bit (he's not in that big a rush anyway)
  8. darkdream macrumors member

    Jun 25, 2009
    You should never buy a macbookpro just keep waiting for the "next one" to come out. It will never be too long until it does.
  9. n19htmare macrumors member

    Sep 4, 2009
    I hear they're releasing an AWESOME macbook 13 with OLED screen, Blu-Ray and all in 2014. So wait :p

    In all seriousness, I doubt there will be a refresh, and silently? Forget about.

    Apple keynotes are the biggest PR they get. There is no way they will upgrade something and not do it during a keynote or something. So yah, forget about it till possibly mid next year.
  10. Thiol macrumors 6502a


    Jan 26, 2008
    Clarksfield, which just got released, uses a lot of power and generates a lot of heat and might not ever go into MBPs. Check out the Waiting for Arrandale thread for more details.
  11. Kevtech1 macrumors member

    Sep 10, 2009
    New Macbook Pro's coming? (13inch) or it a safe buying time?

    I bought the MBP 13" back in July of this year and I can tell you buying now will not be a mistake. Now if you bought prior to the ones released in July.. I feel bad for those folks. The sd card slot, 7 hour battery, lower price were huge upgrades! Besides Macs are like BMW's. Take care of it and you can always resell it on eBay for 15-25% less than what you paid, and then turn around and buy the upgraded by chipping in a couple hundred. The Blu-Ray drive, faster processors will all be nice if and when its released- but don't forsee that being this year...
  12. awesomedeluxe macrumors member

    Jun 29, 2009
    Nailed it. Especially not in the 13 inch! It's a slim slim slim chance that it even makes it into the 17 inch notebook.

    To echo earlier sentiments, now is probably a good time to buy--it will probably be about four months before a new 13 inch macbook pro shows up.
  13. superlatic macrumors regular

    Jun 17, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Would be nice if Apple introduced a matte option silently but it more than likely will not happen.
  14. prodigee macrumors 6502a

    Sep 23, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    What he said.

    And really until Arrandale is out, I really can not see the MBP's being release because of the heat issues with the current clarksdale chip, and the amount of power they consume.

    Also to put it in perspective, my friend just sold his 2006 white macbook for $700 so really if there was a upgrade right now you could sell a current uMBP for like 100 less than what you bought it for, if it was in good condition of course.

Share This Page