New MacBook Pros in stores yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brookzy, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The press release reads:

"The updated iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air are available to order today on apple.com, and available to buy in Apple Stores starting on Wednesday, June 7."

Yet none of the stores here in London appear to have them.

Has anyone found the new Macs in stock?

2. alpi123 macrumors regular

alpi123

Well, the information they give is about US store, I assume. So give it a couple of days.

3. Brookzy thread starter macrumors 601

Brookzy

Was the UK press release quoting prices in pounds.

Upon calling around it seemed many stores in the UK got limited quantities of low-end configurations of the MacBook and 13" MacBook Pro, but no 15".

4. stgall macrumors newbie

Called the Apple Store in Cambridge (UK) today. They haven't had any of the Kaby Lake models yet and don't know when they'll get them. The only way to get them is online at the moment, apparently.

5. comptr macrumors 65816

In the US they are in stores. I went to my apple store yesterday late afternoon & they told me they just got the new MacBook Pros & iPad Pros but they have not scanned them in inventory yet so they said to come back today and they should be on display.

6. csurfr macrumors 6502a

Mine arrived today and the only difference I have noticed so far is that the keyboard caps on Option and Control have updated symbols on them.

edit: The color of the touch bar seems to be a bit different as well.. the buttons seem to be a darker grey those of my 2016.

Attached Files:

7. Nave29 macrumors member

Did you install the touch bar update from the App Store? That might explain the minor differences

8. csurfr macrumors 6502a

I actually noticed it before updating. It was the second thing I noticed, with the new option and control keys being the first. I had to go find a picture of the 2016 keyboard to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

I'd be curious if any 2016s that get repaired now get these new key caps.

9. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Have you tested out any keys sticking at all or any issues to note from your new machine?

10. csurfr macrumors 6502a

Yep. No problems at all. They might feel the same as my 2016 did, might feel a bit better. As was noted before, could just be placebo or the few days I went without typing on it.

I really want a magic keyboard with these new keys. It kind of looks like the iMac Pro has that, but a close inspection doesn't show keyboard brightness levels on the fn keys, so it's probably just a space gray (grey?) magic keyboard with number pad.

Back on topic. I had never heard the fans spin up on either my 2016 15" or 13". On the 2017 when copying my fonts to suitcase and installing adobe cc, they spun up for bit.

I also believe the color looked really good right out of the box with the default profile. I have a 5k iMac on my desk and for whatever reason it looked a bit bland compared to the new MbP. I'll have to look into that.

11. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Thanks for the feedback. I just gotta buy one and upgrade from my Ivy Bridge and GT 650m card and SATA ssd and it will be a nice upgrade.

12. Brookzy thread starter macrumors 601

Brookzy

In-store pickup is now active for all models in the US with good availability. It is also active in the UK for all models except the 15" ( :( ) with good availability for the 13" models, and low availability for 12" models. UK stores don't appear to have received 15" models yet.

13. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Local US Apple Store shows stock for all 15" models. Going to go try one out shortly. :)

14. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Let us know on that keyboard!

15. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I will! The keyboard drove me out of the store last year. Hoping for better this time.

If I could just get a keyboard based on an IBM Selectric typewriter, I would be so happy!

16. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I gave the laptop enough work to do that it warmed up a bit. Did this by bouncing all tracks in Logic Pro X's demo song to WAV format while 4 Terminal windows ran yes /dev/null.

Didn't get significantly warmer and keyboard response remained the same.

Keyboard didn't make any of the crazy loud noises shown in some of the YouTube videos. Will need more time with it for a final verdict because the travel is so shallow and I'm unused to that. I did like the machine enough in general to bring one home to replace my late 2008 MBP. :)

17. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Awesome! Grats on the new machine and certainly appreciate the fast turn around with the information! :)