New Macbook Pros: Speaker Problem Anyone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IslanderWags, Mar 6, 2008.

1. IslanderWags macrumors newbie

I just joined the Mac family so please take it easy on me and I'm looking for a little bit of help....

I just got my new macbook pro on Wednesday. So I was sitting down tonight, fooling around with some different applications, listening to some music, and all of a sudden my right speaker just died.

I figured it might just be the song, so I tried a different one and no luck. I went into the system preferences and when i put the sound output through the right speaker only I get no sound along with very high-pitched noise.

I wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem and what could be done to fix it? My closet Apple Store is three hours away so I don't really consider that an option...

Any ideas?

2. Storm9 macrumors member

Take it to apple store.

3. Hard-Hitter macrumors newbie

Very 'interesting', though irritating, situation, as I am experiencing the same problem at the moment. The only difference is that my laptop arrived on thursday, not wednesday.

Let's visit the store...

4. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I don't really listen to music through the speakers too much, I use headphones, but I will have to try it and see if it happens to me

5. Hard-Hitter macrumors newbie

Just to let one know:
    - Apple Holland acknowledged the above mentioned problem and immediately agreed to swap my mbp for a new one as part of the 14 days guarantee. Great service.