New MacBook Pros: typical announcement-availability gap?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jodr, Jan 18, 2010.

1. jodr macrumors member

I'm badly in need of a new laptop for work, but still thinking of holding out until the January 27th announcement in hopes that there are new models unveiled. So it is worth considering: is there usually any gap between when new MacBook Pros are announced and when they're actually available for purchase? Might they be hard-to-get at first, or do I just watch the big event at my local Apple store and tell the geniuses "I'll have what Steve's holding."

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Typically you can order them immediately online and there's a shipping delay of a few days to a few weeks. They're usually available immediately in stores.

3. HawkEye40 macrumors member

I'm hoping to stroll into an Apple store the day after the refresh and pick up a new MBP :) Not sure the retail stores will get them that quickly though...

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

usually ...

remember the 17 inch UMBP last year

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There is no typical. It seems that the stores usually get some of the announcements, but predicting this is near impossible.

6. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

It really depends on what is modified on the computer. If it's just a speed bump and more RAM, they are generally available that day or within a few. No one can say anything with certainty.