new macbook question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grame, Nov 18, 2007.

1. grame macrumors member

hello

i'm delighted with my new macbook but i noticed that the plastic along the left hand side moves and creaks slightly when pressed - most prominently by the headphone socket. is this the case on anyone else's? i noticed a couple of times that usb drives have 'disappeared' and needed reinserting so just wanna check it's not all related as i'm brand new to macs.

cheers

gram

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

mine does the same and im new to macs too so i assume its nothing to worry about

3. grame thread starter macrumors member

phew. mine is very quiet, doesn't buzz, and the keyboard thing stopped after i reinstalled leopard and then upgraded to 10.5.1. so i'm delighted. just can't leave the damn thing alone now.

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

many of the older macs had that problem you could push the left side in and out, my new one does not have that issue

5. TheStu macrumors 65816

Oh thank god it is not just my MacBook that can have the left side pushed in!

I wasn't that concerned with it, I figured it was caused by the number of times that I have dismantled my MacBook, but it is sort of disconcerting, it is the only really un-rock-solid aspect of my MacBook.

So you guys are liking the new ones? I was just at an AppleStore last night, and really.... I was not over the moon about the new keyboards. I don't know what it was, but it just felt weird compared to my keyboard.

Also, they got rid of the second Enter key. You know how much I use that thing? That was always one of my bitches about Windows laptops, they had no second enter key.