new macbook questions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by snowballer, Dec 27, 2008.

1. snowballer macrumors newbie

is it worth waiting until after the keynote in January to see if software like ilife09 is going to be shipped on new macbooks soon?

i have found a cable on ebay that goes from usb to firewire 800, are there any disadvantages to using such a cable?

the only things that are putting me off at the moment are the reports of bad build quality control with the function keys and the loose battery door. are they likely to be fixes for these in the future.

also i am pretty certain on the 2.0 version as i dont need the extra hard drive space or the small jump in proccessing power. the only thing is the lack of keyboard backlights. is there any speculation as to if this could be included on later revisions?

thanks

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

You can get the refurb. MB that'll likely to have any problems at all :).

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Yes you should wait, its only a week away and im almost certain 100% that they'll upgrade the ilife to 09

No, but Firewire 800 is 2x faster than USB2.0 so you'd be getting 1/2 your potential max speed.

There is no problem with the function keys, mine are absolutely perfect, and the battery doors are fine, Apple users are just picky, if everyone was as picky as Apple users noone would buy any other laptop brand, which shows how much more people expect from Apples and how much better they are!

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Can you link to that cable? That doesn't sound right.