New MacBook Refurb on the way!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joshuarobi, Oct 4, 2009.

1. joshuarobi macrumors regular

So my first Mac is a white Macbook I purchased in Dec. '07. It's a 2.2 Ghz Core Duo, 1gb of ram, and a 120gb HDD.

I just ordered a rufurb unibody MacBook with a 2.4 Ghz Core Duo, 2gb ram, and 250gb HDD.

I mostly upgraded for the ability to use my uMB as a HTPC when at home while still remaining portable. I pondered the mini for awhile but upgrading to a unibody MB proved too much to resist. I still have plans for a mini HTPC. It will just have to wait bit longer by a couple of months.

I also jumped at this because I got an offer for my old '07 white MB for $500. Is this a good offer for it? It's from a co worker at my fire station so I definitely want to ask for a fair price without giving up the goat. I live right next to a college town so selling it elsewhere doesn't seem like it will be too much of a hassle.

So, thoughts? Good choice or just an impulsive one?

2. teksurv macrumors regular

Based on what I have seen on Craigslist and eBay 500 is a fair price for a coworker. You could probably get 6-700 with patience otherwise. Congrats on the new purchase, you are going to love it.