New macbook release, my two cents...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by divinemercy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. divinemercy macrumors regular

Okay. So we've all been drooling thinking about the possible mac releases coming between now and January. Here is what I want:

Simply a 15/17 inch macbook. Not a macbook pro, just a macbook lol.

I dont really like the pro that much. I dont like the design, the casing, and i dont need the better video drive. I LOVE the macbook design, color (white version) etc. So why not just make one with a larger screen? I think that there would be a huge market for it when i see many people choosing the macbook over the pro because of aesthetic reasons.

I doubt that apple would do this however. It would risk taking away too much from the MBpro sales. But then again, they'd be making tons on these new macbooks... So yeah, lets see an updated Pro to keep the "high-end" users happy, and a 15/17 inch white macbook for the rest of the world who doesnt do video editing, etc but who want a better experience on their beloved macs!

Anyone else think they'd pay more for the larger screen on a macbook instead of getting a pro?

Ryan

2. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

I guess that answers that !!!

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So you want a MacBook Pro -like computer with integrated graphics? Wow that would really confuse a lot of buyers.

4. divinemercy thread starter macrumors regular

Lol.

Just a macbook in a fourth version.

13inch white.
    13 inch white
    13 inch black

AND

15/17 inch white.

Not confusing, your just paying a bit more for a larger screen and the same interior configs.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

See that's the thing: when they have a 15"/17" MacBook computer illiterates won't understand why there is an expensive model and it will cut into the sales of the Pro.

6. divinemercy thread starter macrumors regular

That's what i was thinking too...

But i mean it might even out. Cause the people would be willing to pay the extra for the bigger screen, so that might make up for the loss in the Pro sales.

In that scenario, the people who wouldn't buy a pro because of this "new" larger macbook white would have probably opted for the 13 inch white instead of the pro anyways. If they dont know about the internal stuff, they'd go for the 13 inch.

So if they saw a cheeper computer between the 13 inch and pro, they would end up paying more than they would have in the first place, and apple might MAKE profit....

*sigh* i know this wont happen, im just dreaming lol

7. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

i would say apples direction is probably going to be opposite this. there will be 13 inch aluminum macbooks instead

8. divinemercy thread starter macrumors regular

9. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Although I don't think this is really a possibility, people that are saying it will cut into MBP sales-keep in mind that during the last quarter conference call they did say they would be doing something that decreases profit margins but will help the company in the long run, this would fall into that category I believe, but again...I don't believe this is what they were referring to

10. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

unfortunately, this is probably going to be the next step in apple's "green" shift... sorry man

11. rakester, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013