New MacBook (Santa Rosa) no Boot camp found on Leopard?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Diversion, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Is it me, or did Apple not put Bootcamp on the Leopard installation on the new MacBook refreshes? I can't find the Boot Camp Assistant application anywhere... Any ideas? Where can I download it from?

Jay

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Check Applications->Utilities, or try Spotlight for boot camp...

3. Diversion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Diversion

4. RichL macrumors 6502

I just installed Leopard and mine came with it. O_O

How the heck could your install CD not have installed those files?

5. Red Sox macrumors regular

My new MacBook, purchased yesterday (one of the updated ones with Leopard Pre-Installed) also did not have Boot Camp Assistant. There are many people with this same issue. I reinstalled Leopard with the included discs and that fixed it. Very strange!

6. Diversion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I used the re-install discs for Leopard and viola, Boot Camp Assistant was there.. I'm not sure how they forgot to include Boot Camp on the pre-loaded image on the new MacBooks.. ahh well, onto my next issue with Boot Camp..

7. knivehacker macrumors newbie

Same problem

I had the same problem. I bought a macbook a week and a half ago and had the leopard upgrade dvd, and everything was fine. I later had problems with the computer itself and exchanged it for one of the new ones (I got lucky and got to exchange with no restock fee) and no boot camp. I went to the apple store and they said to do an archive install, which got boot camp, but then boot camp didnt work, it said it couldn't partition the hard drive correctly.

Long story short, the only way I could get boot camp to work was to completely wipe the hard disk and install leopard new from the cds.

8. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Just hit this same problem with my new black MacBook. How frustrating - I've spent hours getting this the way I want it.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Actually you did not need to do that.

If you had booted from the leopard / macbook restore discs by holding c with the disc in the drive at boot.

Once you get to the install screen, choose your language. Then in the next screen when the window opens and the menu bar appeared on top, you simply ignore the window and choose 'DISK UTILITY' from the menu

Then you click REPAIR DISK and this would have fixed the small error and once you rebooted you would have been able to partition your drive in Bootcamp without any problems.

DISK UTILTY / REPAIR DISK on a system drive only works if you are doing it from the restore disc or in target mode, with your computer attached to another mac via firewire.

The benefits of hindsight

Well if its the same as the poster above yours then follow the guide I just posted and you should be grand out.

10. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Now that you have bootcamp running on that mb, can you share with us what your windows experience index is?

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol i would say most use xp instead of vista still so i wouldnt get hopes up

12. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Or you could install bootcamp following the instructions i posted in another thread