New macbook screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by air23cary, May 22, 2008.

1. air23cary macrumors member

Hi all,

My new macbook does something kind of weird and I wanted to know if it was normal or not. When opening up the laptop, the top part of the macbook shakes a tiny bit before standing still. While shaking, the right portion of my screen has like minor ripples through it momentarily. Is this normal?

2. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    ah , no,:eek:

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Mine does not do this. It is dark for a split second and then the brightness comes on without anything strange happening.

4. air23cary thread starter macrumors member

i am not talking about opening up the laptop from sleep mode. it's kind of hard to explain. like for example, if i move the position of the screen (push back or pull forward), i see a minor, slight ripple on the right side of the screen. no issues whatsoever when the screen is standing still.

5. fatcat23 macrumors member

if you can, make a video of this and post on youtube(etc..) and post link here so ppl can see what you mean, because i dont understand what you mean.

Phone apple right away, even if your outside of the 90 days, they will fixit for sure(send you new one, etc..), or tell you to go to apple store and they will fix it for sure.

I would try phoning apple first and just complaining, that always works for me. :D

6. anoopmj macrumors member

anoopmj

this happened to me with my macbook.
    1) The screen used to have ripples which I thought were just a startup problem.
    2) It used to stay black for a few seconds on starting up.
    3) The bottom half of the screen stopped working after about 6 months of the first two problems.

I had to give it in for repair (thank god for the 3 years warranty) and they got everything fixed... i just got it back today. The issue was the cable connecting the screen, the VLDS cable, the card and finally the LCD itself had to be changed. I suggest you get this checked asap if your warranty is still valid!

7. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I have read of others with the same problem. Try Search?

8. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Just so we're clear...

Ripple as in the on-screen image becomes distorted? Or ripple like what you would get if you poked at the screen (the liquid in the display itself ripples)?