Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevo B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
I just bought a white macbook 2ghz core duo with a broken screen. I ordered a new screen off ebay and installed it. Went in easy and powered on fine. I used it all day yesterday and had no problems. Late last night I swapped the memory in my acer laptop with the memory in the macbook. (macbook had 2x512 and the acer had 2x1gb). After I swapped the larger memory in it booted and worked good until it warmed up (pretty hot but no hotter than it was running before). Then a section of the screen about 2 inches all the way up the screen started to get small horizontal lines that flash and blink like they aren't getting good signal. Its not bad enough that you can't use the screen but it's pretty annoying. Any suggestions?

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
I just bought a white macbook 2ghz core duo with a broken screen. I ordered a new screen off ebay and installed it. Went in easy and powered on fine. I used it all day yesterday and had no problems. Late last night I swapped the memory in my acer laptop with the memory in the macbook. (macbook had 2x512 and the acer had 2x1gb). After I swapped the larger memory in it booted and worked good until it warmed up (pretty hot but no hotter than it was running before). Then a section of the screen about 2 inches all the way up the screen started to get small horizontal lines that flash and blink like they aren't getting good signal. Its not bad enough that you can't use the screen but it's pretty annoying. Any suggestions?

Are the RAM sticks compatible with the macbook? They may fit, but they may be the wrong specification. Make sure you check that. Also, something may have went wrong with the RAM when you were transferring. Did you come in contact with any static electricity?

Stevo B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
I'll swap the ram back out the way it was and check that. Then run a checker on both.

Stevo B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
Its not ram. I swapped it back and its still the same. Something with video. I did notice that it stops when the computer is idle and gets worse the more load its running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.