New Macbook soon?!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kenichiwat, Jul 15, 2008.

1. kenichiwat macrumors newbie

So I'm hearing all these news about a new Macbook coming out in Q3 of 2008 and someone else mentioned in in some thread that it could come out Q4 before the holidays. So what's the deal?! I know they're only rumors, but which one is more reliable?!

You see, I'm a college student and I have to admit I dont have alot of money. =[ I'm a PC user right now, but I'm switching to a Mac for my next laptop since my old laptop died recently. There's a deal going on for a free iPod Touch for college students and a printer rebate. I'm selling those two items to make the price of my new Macbook cheaper since I already have both those things. Well, not the iPod Touch, but I'm content with my G2 Nano.

So I guess here's the thing. Would Apple release their new Macbook with this deal still going on or will they release it as soon as the promotional deal is over?! I believe the deal goes til September 7th or something. If they do release it during the promotional deal, would it be eligible for the iPod rebate?! I know I'm asking alot of questions here, but any help would be appreciated. I guess I'm asking if Apple has ever done anything like this before. I'm pretty new to the whole Mac thing and need your professional oppinion. I wouldnt want to buy a new Macbook to find out that a month later a newer and possibly design is coming out. I would forget about the iPod deal if I could get my hands on the newer version of Macbook!! Still I would love to save some money...

2. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i was in the same boat as you

if there is a new one, i doubt it will come out during the back to school sale

if you are really strapped for cash, save you money and get a different laptop

your only going into college, so all you need a laptop for is to type up essays and surf the web when your bored

3. Tomass04 macrumors newbie

I don't think I'm going to wait. I think it worth it to do the college thing and get the ipod touch with the new macbook. I would rather have that than the newest model computer.

4. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

for a entire new macbook design it will not be just released on the apple store like a minor update.
    i bet at the apple conference on 7th august (i think thats the date) they will talk about the new designs
    if that doesn't happen you will have to wait till macworld 09 for the update, oh well arnt i glad im not buying anything till nethlam comes out or even sandy bridge
    3200 mhz DDR4 ram and 300 gb solid state drives is all i want

5. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

I'm waiting until August 7th before I buy anything. I'm still waiting. And still can't sleep at night. My mind is racing. I want one bad.

6. ihabime macrumors 6502

what apple conference on august 7th?

7. Aztec macrumors regular

I think you guys are confusing last year's event that took place on August 7th. There is no Apple conference scheduled on August 7th that I know of.

8. Clayne macrumors 6502

Is the soonest one Macworld? Or is there one before that?

9. ihabime macrumors 6502

That's what I thought, I think spoofy is confusing it with last months WWDC.

The next big conference is Macworld, but Apple does do product announcements in between, either quietly for small updates or at special events for big ones.

As for the Macbook update, I'm betting on late august, early sept, Apple doesn't usually update to new chips as quick as everyone else.

10. kenichiwat thread starter macrumors newbie

so does apple usually announce that the upgrade/re-design is coming up weeks before it ships or do they announce it then start shipping right away? just wondering...im new to this whole apple thing. :p

11. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

apple has product launches etc in between macworld and wwdc.
    last years 7th august was just an example, apple will have something similar this year during aug sept to announce updates

12. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

13. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

Bubba's Psychic Network says achooley shipping end of August.

14. LondonGooner macrumors regular

15. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Just remember, we all know something is coming, we just don't know when or what. If you think of it that way, all signs point to wait.

16. Jak3 macrumors regular

that cracked me up...

all I want is virtual matter synthesisation with a 1000 teraflop capabilities. :D

17. caitlin macrumors member

caitlin

Common misconception.

For example, as a sophomore in college, I got a web developing job. Something that requires lots of RAM for Photoshop and Illustrator, for example. Also much preferred a mac for the great coding software out there, i.e. Textmate (or Coda for those who prefer); a PC wouldn't compete.

18. kabunaru Guest

So probably in 45 days we will see something. :p

19. niekverw macrumors newbie

where can i find what the dates of the upcoming conferences are?

i found one, in january is macworld, http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/ but i cant beleive they'll take a year for the new upgrade

20. starman0147 macrumors member

Paris Expo 17th-20th September.

Back to school promo finishes 15th September.

21. Aztec macrumors regular

Apple won't be attending Paris Expo this year.

22. niekverw macrumors newbie

apple also has to upgrad the mac mini, and thats more needed than the macbooks i think, you think they would do it at/around the same time? is that done before

23. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

Apple will not be at PE so it would be a "stealth launch" like the new Mac Pro prior to MW2008.

24. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

MacWorld and WWDC are it.

New MacBook Pros in August.

New iPods in September.

New Mac Pros right before MacWorld.

25. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

hah mac mini. steve jobs pees on those in his spare time.