New Macbook! Sound static on first sound after wake from sleep.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iamnotmad, Mar 1, 2008.

1. iamnotmad macrumors newbie

Hi all, well, I ended up getting a new macbook black. Very happy with it. I have a question for anyone with one of these.

When I wake up the laptop, open the screen that is, the first sound the computer makes has a second or two of static mixed with it. This is not the sound of the superdrive. It is sound from the speaker, specifically the left speaker it sounds like.

It only happens on the first sound after waking up. I can wake it up and wait a few minutes, then play a sound then get the noise.

I think this may be a different manifestation of an existing problem with prior macbooks that would make a popping sound when the sound card woke up. I think that is what is happening here, except it is static not a pop.

It's not a huge deal since it only happens for a seond or two after waking up and only on the first usage of sound, but you know how it is with a new machine, you hate to find any problems.

Thanks!

2. Akula971 macrumors regular

Akula971

I have just bought a 2.4GHz black MacBook and although I've not seen that problem yet, I did notice that when playing Rise of Nations, the sound started to crackle and then after about 30 minutes there was total corruption of the sound. I've since installed perian and its gone. Strange eh?

3. iamnotmad thread starter macrumors newbie

That is odd. Would you mind trying this:
    1) close lid to put to sleep.
    2) Wait 5 minutes or so.
    3) open up, then start ichat or open up sound prefs and play a sound. Listen carefully on the left side of the machine for static in the first second or two of the sound (sound still plays) and it is then fine afterwords.

Thanks!