New MacBook Stuck in Incheon, Korea

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pbonningue, Jan 1, 2009.

1. pbonningue macrumors newbie

Good morning,

I ordered my Macbook on the 26th of December, 27th.
    On the 30th in the morning it was tracked in Incheon, Korea. Ever since (about 3 days) it is stuck there, the shipping status did not evolve. Usually it take a few hours, according to the print Screens I met on the web...

Does anyone face the same problem?

Thx in advance for your help,

Pierre Bonningue

2. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

It's the xmas/new years holliday season. Lot's of people stop working. Including couriers and postal services. That's just how it is. Give it a few days.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Give these guys a call - they were always going to Incheon:

Attached Files:

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Besides the holidays, what's more likely is that the package got to an international border somewhere and is awaiting a customs clearance. Usually at this stage you lose a few days (especially over a weekend or a holiday) while the package is being cleared, and it's also not too unusual to not see updates on tracking status.

So you ordered this thing on the 26th... what was the promised delivery time, in business days, and how many business days has it been?

5. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

post of the day...

gg

6. pbonningue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guy for your quick replies!
    Apple promised the delivery would be for the 30th of December, and so was UPS. I would like to call them probably tomorrow but was unable to find the phone number...

Folowing the tracking status, clearance has already been realised in Germany (but that are only papers, the package seems to be still in Incheon)

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    INCHEON,
    KR 12/30/2008 7:16 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    SHANGHAI,
    CN 12/30/2008 4:46 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    KOELN (COLOGNE),
    DE 12/29/2008 2:00 P.M. PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE / RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY
    12/29/2008 1:32 P.M. PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE
    SHANGHAI,
    CN 12/29/2008 3:40 P.M. EXPORT SCAN
    12/29/2008 3:29 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    SHANGHAI,
    CN 12/27/2008 7:24 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    CN 12/27/2008 7:34 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 01/01/2009 6:57 A.M. ET

I should probably be more patient it is only 3 business days, but packages usually stay a few hours (2 from what I saw) in Incheon and mine is already there for more than 2 days.

Best regards to all, thanks for your help,

Best wishes for year 2009,

Pierre

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Apple does seem somewhat overly optimistic with their promise dates sometimes... hopefully it should arrive to you tomorrow (2 Jan 09) rather than having to wait until Monday.

8. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I sent out a package via UPS on 19th December (UK to China) and UPS said it was scheduled to be delivered on the 31st. 31st comes and goes and they've 're-scheduled the shipping date' and now its due on the 5th of January.

9. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

I cant understand why the package went from China to Germany then back to Cnina then to Korea ?

Am i reading the tracking info wrong ?

10. pbonningue thread starter macrumors newbie

In my understanding, the package has not been procesed in Germany, but only the Pqckqge Data...I guess papers, bills and other prooves that the item is in law are electronically sent to Gremany checked and when approval is received the item can go on the travel through European Union...

Best regards,

Pierre

11. timestoby macrumors 6502

id say the worst time to order is xmas time.you should expect it do be longer cause of it

12. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Don't worry. It's a holiday everyone is taking a break...your MB will arrive anytime soon :).

13. pbonningue thread starter macrumors newbie

You are all right...I should be more patient and more compasionate with all guys working in this period!!

Thks all for your replies

Regards,

14. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

all this trouble for a macbook? im assuming the OP doesnt have any apple stores or best buys in the area?

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Or maybe just likes to shop without some condescending salesperson trying to sell him/her everything under the sun on top of the computer?

16. pbonningue thread starter macrumors newbie

Both right guys...I am from an "old country", France!

No Best Buys, No Apple Store close home, and the desire to set personaly my new Macbook.

Regards,