New macbook super loud!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tjjm36m3, Dec 13, 2009.

1. tjjm36m3 macrumors newbie

I just bought the macbook 13" (white casing) today and the first thing I noticed when I turned it on was the fan, it was extremely loud!! I let it run for awhile and it was still constantly loud. Then I tried rebooting twice and still the same problem. My room is only around mid 60F. Is there some function I'm supposed to turn off? Or did I get a lemon macbook? Thanks.

2. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Is it like clicking? Could you do a video or recording for us?

3. tjjm36m3 thread starter macrumors newbie

No clicking sound but just sounds like a really loud fan. I took the macbook back to the apple store this morning and showed one of the employees about this. He immediately classified as "doa" and I was with a new macbook out the door in 15 mins.

Oh, and when I booted up the 2nd macbook, the intro was a bit different from the 1st. I'm coming to think the factory had worked or tried to fix the 1st macbook before shipping. If that so, wonder why they shipped it out anyways knowing full well it has this obvious problem with the fan.

4. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Lucky...
    What do you mean by the text bolded?

5. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I have had the new white since launch never heard the fans yet, and no hard drive noise at all.Best macbook ever,