New macbook, time machine won't work.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I put all my files from time machine succesfully from my time machine backup to my new mac and then when I tried to enter time machine it didn't show any of my backups even though I 'resetupped' time machine so it could recognize my harddrive...in finder I can see all my backups fine and use the files in them but why not time machine? What do I do :( ?

Also iTunes (version 8.1.1) won't recognize my iPhone on my new macbook, so what do I do if I can't get all my new songs/media from my iPhone (downloaded over-the-air) to my computer? If anyone can help I would appreciate it alot, I have all the time in the world since school is over :) happppppy summer!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You could always just manually bring your personal files over from the Time Machine drive to your computer, using Finder instead of Time Machine.

As far as your phone, try updating iTunes to 8.2 first, even though it shouldn't matter. Pending that doesn't work, this should: http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/musicrescue/mr_download.php

3. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Well my phone is jailbroken and I want to keep away from 8.2 for the moment but oh well...I actually tried doing the finder solution which I think probably is the reason because itunes was like version 8.0 and it didn't update correctly which is why even now when I download a app in itunes or try to do anything in itunes actually it will give me error 42401 or sumtin.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

5. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

What about songs? I don't mind about the photos, but then the songs is kind of tough and I appreciate the tut but I kind of want something that doesn't really involve digging around my phone too much for a few pics/songs/files because today was last day of school and we took alot of pics and videos with my phone so yeah lmfao.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I updated my first post with an iPhone extraction program just before you replied, give that a shot maybe? And by "files," I meant anything data on the phone, music/video/pics/whatever.