New MacBook tomorrow :)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nickamsweet, May 15, 2008.

1. Nickamsweet macrumors newbie

Can't wait...been looking at them for a while since my XP dell laptop is broken... tried to get another PC without vista but it seems impossible so had a look at a Mac and have fallen in love :) Gonna go pick up the black 2.4Ghz one :) can't wait :)

Loving the Advertisements on the Apple website lol the PC/MAC ones..so so funny! espec the holiday one with the pie chart lol

is there any way to modify the apple theme, such as the styleXP for windows, as i have been searching and seems like it's a bit of a pain to customize...

2. asme macrumors regular

The Aqua theme is beautiful. Why would anyone want to modify it?

Namaste,
    Steve

3. ebutka macrumors regular

ebutka

cogratz. I got my blackbook 2 days ago and love it. For xp you can download object dock, as well as other programs. There is a mac toolbar (start menu) you can download as well. Enjoy.

4. Nickamsweet thread starter macrumors newbie

oooh cool, just been searchin the apple site etc to see what i can doooo... wanna be more artistic etc. :)

MSN messenger 6.0 or something is the one atm right? still communicates with windows version etc...if not uh oh lol

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Use iChat. Google "MSN in iChat" to get your contacts moved over. That way you will be able to talk to people on Windows Live Messenger and AIM (and Jabber, etc.) in one app.

6. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Wait, does this mean you can use iChat to talk to all your MSN/ AIM friends while they use their MSN/ AIM programs? (If you use MSN or AIM and transfer it to iChat)

7. Nickamsweet thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers for the tip...prefer to use the IChat than the msn messenger itself :)

any other cool tips/widgets etc that you have to have and can't live without? lol

8. Phillyzero macrumors regular

Phillyzero

I'd still recommend Adium over iChat (but that really depends on your needs). It is sort of a pain to customize OSX, I haven't had a lot of luck with searches and themes, so I just stick with what's given (lucky that it looks sleek by default :p).