New Macbook touchpad Sensitivity problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cattywampus_, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502

Hi

My new Macbook was delivered today. Its a 2.4 Penryn White model.

I was using a RevA Black Macbook and I never had the problem below on that.

The issue is, the touchpad seems to require more pressure before it registers me touching it. On my Blackbook I was able to very very lightly touch it using the tip of my finger and it would move the cursor, but on this new White Macbook it seems I actually have to apply some pressure for it to move it.

Is there a setting or aprogram I can download that will allow me to increase the sensitivity of the pad?

Thanks

2. Magsec4 macrumors member

I have the same MacBook... it seems to me like the touchpad is VERY sensitive. I use the slightest bit of pressure on the trackpad.

I've used a trackpad on a "Late 2007" version MacBook and I can't tell the difference when I set the sensitivity settings to the same level.

3. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any ideas?

The touch pad is still way too under sensitive. Is annoying to use somewhat.

Any help would be appreciated.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

No issues here. You might want to have it checked out at the nearest Apple store.

5. Italchef macrumors 6502

Mine is very very sensitive. I'm surprised that you're having this problem. You might want to get it checked out.

Mick

6. hippo30 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem on my new black macbook(2.4G). It is really annoying. I tried other macbook at the apple store, the demo black and white macbook also had this problem... but the macbook pro is very smooth, have no idea what to do

7. kristi-lynn macrumors newbie

Hey all, same problem, I just got it today and the touchpad kinda sucks.. i think i might take it back to the apple store, i've got the applecare and all so it shouldn't be a problem.. i'm just worried when i get there they're going to be like.. oh yea, there's nothing wrong with it and i won't be able to prove the fact that it sucks at the two finger scrolling (when it actually works it's a surprise) and moving across the screen looks like the cursor is walking downstairs instead of making a straight diagonal line. Think the apple store is the best bet?

i had such high expectations...

8. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

wow. this concerns me. so many people seem to have this problem. im getting a macbook soon. this isnt good! I would probably use a mouse a lot but still. I dont want the trackpad to be annoying..

9. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

2 = so many??

OP - how does changing the trackpad settings in the System Preferences affect the performance?

10. kristi-lynn macrumors newbie

nothing in the system preferences seem to do anything to change it. it seems maybe a little better today, but it could just be because my hands are really warm right now, which they're not usually... but the two finger scrolling still leaves much to be desired.