New MacBook - unresponsive keyboard and trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Heinekev, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Heinekev macrumors member

Hello!

I have a MacBook Pro that I have faithfully used for the past year, but I need a more mobile solution and until Apple releases their ultraportable, a MacBook will have to suffice.

So I picked it up today, and both the keyboard and trackpad have very sporadic "misses".

The right side of the keyboard (enter, delete, etc...) sometimes does not register keypresses. Surely this isn't normal behavior?

Also, the trackpad is very very insensitive most of the times, and then over-sensitive randomly. I have unchecked the option to "ignore accidental trackpad input" and it still persists.

Should I take the laptop back to the Apple store and exchange it?

Help!

2. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

I would definitely take it back. You might want to schedule a genius bar appointment and have them look at it, and basically just demand a replacement. I had to replace my new macbook because of a screen anomaly and they wouldn't just let me exchange it...I had to make a genius bar appointment first. Anyways, you're within the 14 day exchange period so they can't say much considering the machine is not working properly. Good Luck.