New macbook user (and proud) looking for help about testing all potential issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bikapika, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bikapika macrumors newbie

Hello everyone im new to mac!! last night i just bought a 2.2ghz macbook white online and it was shipped this morning (lol apple is so efficient im so proud) which should be delivered within 5 business days (the shipment notice says by tomorow)

as i have been "monitoring" this forum for quiet a while ive noticed a lot of potential issues with the macbook. I also bought 2 x 1 gig cosair ram and bodyguardz shield so im looking forward to apply these to my mac but only if my mac is completely free of hardware problems.

May i please ask are there software (preferably free) that i can use to "check" the macbook quickly? ive noticed about the Apple Hardware Test (pressing "d" while booting?) does it really work?

Please take a look at this website as well:
    http://www.appledefects.com/wiki/index.php?title=MacBook#Unresolved_Problems

the unsolved issues scare me i think i have to check my macbook point by point when it is delivered

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The problem with most of the unresolved issues is that you can't really prevent them from happening. A design flaw is a design flaw, and will remain one until redesigned. Your best bet's to keep an eye on your Macbook, and hope you spot the flaws before your warranty runs out.

3. bikapika thread starter macrumors newbie

are there quick ways to find out issues like dead pixels and yellowish button screens? i really want to apply the ram and the shield as soon as i receive the macbook and i dont want to wait for like a week or 2 until i can fully find out all potential defects

4. Designer1 macrumors member

Just relax ;). Check your macbook carefully when you get it...that's all you can really do. I had a Macbook for a year with absolutely NO problems. I always kept it in a case when traveling and never ate too close to it. It suck that people have problems and I feel for them :)()but there are plenty of people who haven't- they just aren't as vocal about it because they are too busy enjoying their macbooks.

I know this didn't answer your questions but I was really just hoping to make you feel a little less anxious. Good luck with your new toy.:D

5. bikapika thread starter macrumors newbie

i just saw a "techtool deluxe/pro" it is useful at all to detect hardware defects?

6. cane creek macrumors member

Google "macbook pro agere" and read all the firewire problems folk are having with MBP's built on and after oct/07 as apple now use cheaper firewire chips....