New MacBook - Want Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by outkaste25, Oct 16, 2007.

1. outkaste25 macrumors member

So I've been reading that if you get a new Mac after October 1, 2007 (which I did and I love it <switcher here>) you can get the new OS X Leopard for like $10 US. WHERE? lol I can't find a link or anything for it. Please help? :confused:

2. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

3. outkaste25 thread starter macrumors member

4. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Will they send you the retail boxed version or the restore disks for your particular machine?

(I've just ordered a MBP 15 Inch 2.4) :eek:

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Likely a set of Upgrade DVDs, if things operate like the last OS introductions.

6. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

I want to wipe the HD and start again.

Will that be possible!??!

7. nowaycomputer macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this as well.

I ordered a MB 2.16 as soon as I heard leopard was officially being released and this morning I did the up to date thing and ordered leopard for a whopping £5.95 ($12).

Are the discs the full OS so that you can start from scratch? I would guess it'll just be an OEM copy of the OS and give you the option to upgrade or reboot and start from scratch, but thats just a guess.

8. amoda macrumors 6502a

They're full copies. So you can a) Archive and install b) Upgrade or c) Erase and install. However, it doesn't come with iLife08. So if you don't have it you'd have to buy it separately or, a better deal, buy Leopard for the $120.

9. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Last time this happened to me I bought an iMac G4 and it came with 10.1 and the 10.2 update discs were in there with it. Update only. Doing a straight re-install is rather pointless I think anyway.