New Macbook, what a joke.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pieface, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Pieface macrumors newbie

Ive been waiting for ages now to get a new macbook only for the price to go up stupidly. I mean £949 for a new Macbook or pay an extra £20 to get the one I could of got previously with a new drive? No thanks.

I mean all the refurbed ones have gone and I don't wanna buy a macbook with no warranty.

I hope the prices do go down, but its just stupid.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are dozens of existing threads on this topic with opinions and feedback. Why start a new thread instead of posting in one of those?

3. Aranince macrumors 65816

Yea...all this complaining is starting to get repetitive and annoying. Maybe I'll leave MR until it dies down.

4. Pieface thread starter macrumors newbie

No need to be jackasses really, just because the price over there actually went down, and the high turnover off topics there are here at this moment. What the hell do you expect after this announcement with something like that?

5. Aranince macrumors 65816

Whining on a forum isn't going to do anything. If you want something to be done, contact Apple.

6. Pieface thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yesm because Im 100% sure there gonna go, oh let him have it for that price then. Im sorry for venting on a forum, if you can't take it, why not just leave this topic alone? Im sure lots of other people here aren't happy at the prices either, but Im talking about the macbooks here.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, and they're posting in existing threads on the topic, not starting new threads unnecessarily.

8. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

Maybe wait a month or two for the new ones to show up in the refurb store? I agree that the new prices are disapointing - especially with the lack of FW.

9. pbollinrollin macrumors newbie

I don't think its that bad, considering it is only $100 more than the high-end Blackbook is after today's price cut.

10. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Sir...i think i have the solution for you!

[​IMG]

If you don't like it, pick one of the original macbooks, or macbook pros up on the refurb site. ;)