new macbook... when?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gorilly, Sep 23, 2008.

1. gorilly macrumors member

Are there any indications of when the next new mac book will be out? Just my girlfriend is going to order one soon but if there is a new model on the horizion she may aswell wait...

thanks!

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Some say next month. Look at top right of this page and click on the Buyer's Guide. It says "Don't Buy". There is a list of rumors about it there too. Good Luck and have fun.

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

4. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Jerkoff=EPIC LOSER

Anyway, while there is no Straight Up confirmation from apple, speculation says yes. And for some reason people are saying around October 14th. I would recommend you to wait ONLY because price drops are highly anticipated. Its only 3 weeks anyway. Good Luck!

5. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

No one knows. Apple has not released a date, it's expected sometime in October.

Please search the forums in the future before posting a thread, there are already several on this topic.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

just so you know, many rumors pointed to sept 23rd as well;)

*cries silently in the corner*

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Several is a understatement. More like hundreds in the last few weeks and no telling how many in the last few months. There are probably 6 on this page alone without factoring how many are on the other forums.

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Although there is nothing supporting my thoughts on this, I would suggest that you buy now, because I just do not see Apple updating the MacBook line in a major way until MWSF '09 in January. Maybe a small spec boost in a few weeks, but nothing major at all until MWSF '09 in my eyes.

And please run a search in the future, either using the search function embedded in the forum, or use the improved search function, MRoogle. Another good try is the MacRumors Buyers Guide.

9. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

10. PhillyXJ macrumors newbie

I wish I knew!

My vaio died, so I bought a macbook on saturday since classes started monday - but I am returning it this weekend when the vaio is back - the library is too far of a walk for me so I will eat the 10% $139 restocking for mine (school discount)

Then as soon as the new macbook hits, I'll get it!

The macbook I bought is awesome, first mac I've owned, but I'm not digging the graphics processor on it - I bought spore and it looks like **** on this. It's old tech... wait for the new one...

However, at the apple store, I got a free printer and a 16G iPod nano (for $50 after rebate)... it was an "unofficial" promo... I didn't open either so when I bring it all back I won't have to eat any more restocking fees.

11. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

i am mad because i have been waiting for the new macbook to come out but i saw the current ones today at college (white ones) and they look so good. I hope the new ones look better and are worth waiting, i think they will be though

12. X3n0 AcId macrumors regular

13. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

I totally agree with you. But with me, it's the blackbooks that make me drool. Everytime I see anyone with a macbook I want mine so bad :(. But it will be very worth it to wait for the refresh...or at least I'm hoping so....

14. IFRS macrumors member

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes. There is and will be no 15" MacBook.

16. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i agree with you but you never know....

17. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

A leak first showing up on Amazon would be highly unlikely, and probably a first for any Apple product. And I never could see Apple making a 15" MacBook, I know that a lot of other people could, but 13.3" seems like the best size for a regular/basic use computer.