new macbook & white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by haoqfu, Nov 14, 2008.

1. haoqfu macrumors regular

how do you guys compare the display of macbook alu and the old white macbook display?

i'm going to get a new mac, but the only thing holding me back is the display quality. i tried new macbook air, but the short battery life made me return it. so my only hope now is the macbook alu. my gf has an old white macbook, the screen is very washed out and the contrast is night & day compared to my white imac, and macbook air. i was wondering if the macbook alu has slight improvement over the old ones.

thanks in advance!

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

About the same overall. I did some comparisons with my friends new 2.0 one vs. my Blackbook and it was the same to me (Apple doesn't put in good screens for the reg. Macbook). You will get a wide variety of opinions on this. Some will agree with me, some will say the older one is better on blacks, and some will say the new one is better. Go to the store and look for yourself.

Also there are a ton of threads on this. A search about it and you will get 1000's of opinions on it.

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

quality wise, they are about the same...maybe the aluminum ones are a little more vibrant...but barely noticable

my aluminum macbook is just a ton brighter than my sisters white macbook, at least thats what i think...

4. haoqfu thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i will go to apple store some time next week. the one nearby my home is currently under renovation. i haven't got a chance to take a good look at it yet.

5. haoqfu thread starter macrumors regular

compared with white macbook, i did notice the air is a lot lot brighter too.

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

On brightness the new one is much brighter than the old one. My Macbook's brightness is fine for me though at about 65-75%, but some like it really bright. Each has their own preference.

The new Macbook's are nice. I just wish Apple would put better screens in them (old and new ones). Maybe one day they will.