Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
be real...

Doesn't anyone using a mac notebook care about size and weight? I wish the new macbook would be under 4 lbs.

Looks like the same width and depth, roughly. Reduced thickness might imply a slight weight drop, which would be nice. But wouldn't expect a significantly lighter book, no where near sub-4 lbs.

Anyway, we'll know all the delicious facts and figures soon :D (will be up working by 2 AM here anyway)

Dybbuk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Lighter, thinner.
Smaller bezel.
Cooler temperatures.
LED backlight.
160GB HDD standard.
Superdrive standard, upgradeable to Blu-Ray (I don't need this, but others do).
2.4GHz standard
Better graphics.
2GB RAM standard.

Lower price by at least $100.

Keeping it realistic.

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Aluminum body
2.4 GHZ on the low end
LED backlit display
Possible Blu Ray support with HDMI out put (or equally capable port)
SOME sort of Fire Wire
Multi-touch trackpad, and make it lighter :( *the freaking 15" pro doesn't weigh much more than the current MacBooks*.
Include Remote and Display port cables in box :(

I don't really give a crap about the RAM and HDD, because that'll get upgraded cheaper through third party components anyways.

Jasoco

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Do they even make Blu-Ray slot-loading drives that thin? I don't really think so. It'll probably be a while before BR is in any Mac. The Pros will get it first because they use normal 5.25" drives. All the other Macs use laptop sized slot-loaders which come much later. So it'll be a while.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Do they even make Blu-Ray slot-loading drives that thin? I don't really think so. It'll probably be a while before BR is in any Mac. The Pros will get it first because they use normal 5.25" drives. All the other Macs use laptop sized slot-loaders which come much later. So it'll be a while.

Blu-ray drives exist to fill all sizes of Mac. There are even some decently cheap ones. If it happens, it can now happen simultaneously.

Jasoco

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Wow, are they really there already? That's nice.

Still, before we see drives, we'll have to see a player that can play them. Apple hasn't made DVD Player support HD discs yet. I would love to see it now, boy would I love to see it now. But I don't know if BR is popular enough yet for Apple to say "Okay, now it's time." Also, there's their whole love of downloading movies.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
im in the market for the new mba, my current mba has heat issues and it sucks.

here's the story i hear from Mr. Chen who worked in china for manufacturing macbook.

for the macbook, i guarantee it will come in 2 flavors.

aluminum casing for the keyboard area, and the outer shell casing for LCD will come in 2 colors. white for low spec and black for the higher spec, just like the iPhone 3g.

there is no way apple would put full aluminum macbook and let its same design compete with the mbp and mba which are premium in prices.

i know alot of people buy mbp just because it's full aluminum in design.

lol. im joking. i cannot guarantee you because the Chen currently is in hollywood.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
I think Jobs is going to come on stage and say "You know what? We're just messing with you. Nothing special today we're just bumping the processor speeds. And now, I am going to do the 'I can cause media hype' dance"

He will then dance for the remainder of the event.

Of course, in my wildest dreams I would like to see the following:
2.4GHz base 2.6GHz high Quad Core
2GB base 4GB high RAM
FASTER SuperDrive
New shiny case of awesomeness
FireWire 800 with a free 400 adapter
Some kinda über graphics chip.

I expect:
Processor bumps
RAM bumps
Case redesign
Graphics bumps

Sorry guys but the whole iPod event made me like dead pessimistic for the new MacBooks.

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
i guess I m the only who wants a 15" Macbook since i need the display but no the power of the Pro!!!!!!!
right?

so...
2,4GHz
15" 1440x900 16x10
160GB HD
2GB RAM(max 8GB)
N-vidia GPU
FULL Alu case no plastic:mad:
superdrive
Firewire
backlit keyboard.

price in Europe for 1200Euros I ll buy 2!!!!!!!!!:p

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i guess I m the only who wants a 15" Macbook since i need the display but no the power of the Pro!!!!!!!
right?

so...
2,4GHz
15" 1440x900 16x10
160GB HD
2GB RAM(max 8GB)
N-vidia GPU
FULL Alu case no plastic:mad:
superdrive
Firewire
backlit keyboard.

price in Europe for 1200Euros I ll buy 2!!!!!!!!!:p

full alu? NVIDIA GPU? 1440x900 res! dude! that's the macbook pro. by looking at your demanded specs, then you need the power of the MBP.

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
hihi....

I ve sold my Macbook pro SR one week ago....
:D
and to be onest here in Europe-Greece a Macbook Pro new costs 1799Euros as in most countries Italy-Germany -Spain....:(

that is 2455$....:eek:

considering I need the display but not the power why do I have to spend that amount of money for 2" more?

so I wish 15" full alu no plastic mabook...

I do not care about the GPU but give me display area...:p

eidrunner247

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2006
+ shrink the footprint and weigh less than 4.5 lbs.

That would be nice, something under 5 lbs. I wonder how feasible it is. I have no idea if dropping .5 lb is a big deal, but anything lighter would be nice (not that it's heavy now, but I would like to see <5lbs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Aluminum body
2.4 GHZ on the low end
LED backlit display
Possible Blu Ray support with HDMI out put (or equally capable port)
SOME sort of Fire Wire
Multi-touch trackpad, and make it lighter :( *the freaking 15" pro doesn't weigh much more than the current MacBooks*.
Include Remote and Display port cables in box :(

I don't really give a crap about the RAM and HDD, because that'll get upgraded cheaper through third party components anyways.

Yes, I would love if they included the remote again, it doesn't make any sense at all to have a feature in the hardware (IR sensor) and software (Front Row) that you need to buy extra money to use. I know Front Row can be used without the remote, but it is so much better with it. Plus, it would be great if they included a mini-DVI to DVI adapter in the box (didn't they do that with the iBooks except with mini-VGA to VGA?). That would be great.

jade

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2003
More pixels, bigger screen, and alumninum

Hey I am in the 15in. I do not need to pay $2000 for a notebook. I want an aluminum 15 in/ MB, at a reasonable price with a good sized hard drive 160GB +, better graphics and lightweight. Say 5lbs for 15 inches, 4.5 for 13in.

Oh and a reasonable resolution. sub 800 pixels vertically is annoying!

Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping for a new book by the end of the week!

I also hope the remotes comes back with a nice slot to hold it in. :D

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
full alu? NVIDIA GPU? 1440x900 res! dude! that's the macbook pro. by looking at your demanded specs, then you need the power of the MBP.

In all honesty, there is little difference between the MB and MBP. One can only hope that small difference will be eliminated, and we then have BTO Macbooks in all screen sizes that can be customized to most anything you need.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Hey I am in the 15in. I do not need to pay $2000 for a notebook. I want an aluminum 15 in/ MB, at a reasonable price with a good sized hard drive 160GB +, better graphics and lightweight. Say 5lbs for 15 inches, 4.5 for 13in.

Oh and a reasonable resolution. sub 800 pixels vertically is annoying!

Looking forward to tomorrow, hoping for a new book by the end of the week!

I also hope the remotes comes back with a nice slot to hold it in. :D

Not going to happen. It would already exist if Apple wanted to do it; I'm sure it can't be too difficult to implement in the design of a laptop.

nworthley

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma
Title

-Multi touch trackpad
-Left and Right click button (touch sensitive as in the mighty mouse)
-Obviously just as cheap as they can sell it
-Allow more room for upgrades
-Throw in a free 26" Cannondale with every purchase :rolleyes:
-Boost wireless range
-And, i also, could stand for the MB to shed a pound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.