New MacBook with Leopard - where is boot camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dog352, Nov 10, 2007.

1. dog352 macrumors member

So this is the program that's supposed to come with this system? where is it? I looked under utilities and couldn't find it.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You will have to get it off the install disks, for some reason it is not there by default.

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Umm mines in utilities!

You do realise this isnt virtualisation software like parallels?

You also need an xp install disc! (and a partition on your hard drive!)

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It has been reported by some that it isn't there by default, it wasn't there on mine.

Also the second and third sentences have no relevance to the original question.

5. dog352 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I'm new to mac here. I installed optional software from disc 1 and it's still not there. How do I install boot camp without reinstalling leopard?

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Insert install disc 1. Then press cmd+shift+g. Then copy and paste the following into the box

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages/

Then look for BootCamp.pkg. Then just run that and it should appear in your Utilities folder.

It was a bit of a pain for me to find and i have been doing this sort of thing with macs for about 3 years now.

Congrats on your purchase and feel free to ask as many questions as you want. Afterall we were all new to it once.

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well I felt it did as it hasnt gone past some people to think that when you buy a mac Boot Camp = Windows therefore your mac comes with windows (which ofcourse it doesnt!)

ha

8. dog352 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, installed bootcamp and my copy of vista business. now to figure out how to right click in windows. Someone said enable two finger touch in os X for the thing to work in windows, but it doesn't. Also, anybody know where I can find a beginner for dummy's guide to os x?

9. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

this may seem like an obvious question but have you installed the drivers? just insert the leopard install disk and the installer should pop up straight away.

10. atlantic965 macrumors newbie

Tried That

Get folder not found issue. I checked all the suggestions on the Apple Communities. I am at a loss what is wrong.