New Macbook won't print to Ricoh work printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StevenSullivan, Aug 14, 2014.

1. StevenSullivan macrumors newbie

Hello all,

New to IOS here and still learning the ropes. I tried to connect my new Macbook Air to my work printer and it doesn't work. When I enter the IP address it recognized the printer and we are on the same network but when I print it doesn't work. I have a work "security code" which I entered under job log per a thread I read, and still nothing. I have exhausted what I'm capable of doing from reading threads and wonder if anyone can guide me??

My Macbook is running OSX 10.9.4 and the printer is a Ricoh Aficio MP C2500.

I've read forums about downloading drivers and some other tips but I'm not really sure how to proceed so if someone could guide the layperson I am when it comes to computers I'd love the help!

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ricoh by default do not support Macs, you will need to get the proper driver, which if they're anything like Savin they charge for.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

If you know the IP of the printer enter that in a web browser. Should get you to the printers web GUI. There should be a drivers page that you can download for Mac OS. You can try this site as well http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/re/model/mpc25/mpc25en.htm also will fall on your IT departments shoulders. I am one of a few Mac users in my company and they can't help me because they are stupid when it comes to Mac's so I have to figure it out on my own.

Hope this helps

4. StevenSullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm a Realtor so I don't have an IT department, I'm all on my own! I have downloaded the driver for my the same model printer I am attempting to connect to, and when I try to print something I can hear the printer wake up as if it is ready to print, yet it shuts back down to "sleep mode" and never actually prints anything. Very frustrating! I feel like I'm so close! :mad:

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Actually that's not true anymore. We just got a big Ricoh at work that has Bonjour and is AirPrint capable. Now if I can just get the stupid IT guys to have someone turn that back on it would be great.

OP, is there any error messages or a yellow triangle with a ! next to the printer icon in the dock when you print?

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ah, I was referring to the giant multifunction printers, and forgot that we have all bonjour and AirPrint services on lockdown here on campus.

Glad to hear though. It would cost us $800 per multifunction from Ricoh and Savin just for the goddamn drivers, insane. :rolleyes: