New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jamestr, Sep 25, 2014.

1. jamestr macrumors newbie

So I decided to get macbook and not sure which one. I am deciding between macbook air 8gb 125gb storage 13 inch and macbook pro 8 gb non retina. I read that you should go for retina, and that macbooks pro are better than macbooks air, but both of them have i5 dual core and same ram. Any suggestions? ( the mass does not matter that much, neither battery). THANKS

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

You have not said anything about the workload/apps you will use.

It is very difficult to hit a target without seeing it.

3. jamestr thread starter macrumors newbie

Sory, I will used it for school work, couple of games like LoL and WoT(world of tanks). But the online difference there is slightly better graphics card

4. bbnck, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

bbnck macrumors 6502

The MacBook Pro with Retina Display offer a better graphics card than the MacBook Air, and double the memory. If gaming performance is important to you, you should consider the MacBook Pro with Retina Display over the MacBook Air. The only other major differences are general performance and display resolution. When it comes to battery life, the MacBook Air will last up to three hours longer than the MacBook Pro. See this comparison chart and decide for yourself what is most important to you.

Also bear in mind the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with Retina Display have non-expandable memory (the only notebook from Apple where you can add more or swap out memory is the non-Retina 13-inch MacBook Pro, which Apple will likely discontinue in the foreseeable future). Because the MacBook Pro with Retina Display has a faster processor, better graphics and more memory, it may last you longer. However, it does not have the same battery life you get with the MacBook Air.

And by no means is the MacBook Air slow. I have the 2013 MacBook Air and it serves me just fine in terms of performance, and even some light gaming.