New Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickjalder, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. nickjalder macrumors newbie


    Oct 28, 2006

    New person here.

    Basically i don't have a mac...yet. But i'm sick of my PC and XP and i'm not going to give Vista a chance.

    Anyway does anyone know when the new macbooks will be coming out, I want to get one in Jan 07 but i'm wondering if its worth waiting for a new macbook, also when is ilife 07 out???

    And finally i'm slighylt worried by all the battery posts, i've already been burned by ipod battery issues.

    cheers all
  2. psychofreak Retired


    May 16, 2006
    Battery does get annoying.

    iLife should be out January. New macbooks will probably have come out by then as well.
  3. XP Defector macrumors 6502

    Apr 5, 2006
  4. Chundles macrumors G4


    Jul 4, 2005
    Sometime in the 1st quarter of 2007, no other information as to a specific date.
  5. Buschmaster macrumors 65816


    Feb 12, 2006
    January 8th we should see iLife '07. I wouldn't expect Leopard then, but simply more information on Leopard. Last year at that time is when the MBPs were announced, so a new MacBook may be in order either then or before. I would guess that Apple sees this as a smaller "Christmas" market, and could wait, but you never know what they have up their sleeves.

    What do you mean about the batteries? Mine gets 3-4 hours of battery life. I got my Macbook the day it came out and my "battery health" as read by iStat is 99%.
  6. walleyealx macrumors member

    Oct 22, 2006
    If you get a mac now will you get a deal on iLife07 when it comes out? or will you just have to use whatever means for discounts that you have?
  7. nickjalder thread starter macrumors newbie


    Oct 28, 2006
    OK OK thanks all, very useful.

    However, should i wait for Leopard? Is it radically different from the current OS??

    Also where do we stand on the black vs white debate??? I reckon black
  8. gwest macrumors member

    Jan 23, 2004
    New MacBooks

    Should you wait? It depends what you need now. I'd certainly wait until the new MBs arrive- which I would guess will be within a couple of weeks. If you compare the new MBPs to the current MBs, you'll see that a black MB configured as the low end MBP is only $200 cheaper- pretty outrageous! For $200 the better processor, better graphics and larger screen is a no-brainer unless you really want a MB.

    I'm curious to see how Apple updates the MB- they could very easily keep the present processor and upgrade the HD and RAM and still lower the price. Imagine an $899, $999 and $1199 MB! The HDs have to be expanded if Apple wants to sell movies.

    Black vs White? Try them. The black feels different that the white- it's a sharp looking machine (and $200 more, ableit with a slightly larger HD). The white cord's a shame.

    I'm waiting to purchase the black MB when the new line is released. I'm planning on the largest HD offered and expanding the memory to 2G. While the MBP is a better deal, I need a small and light machine to use for work.

    As far as waiting for iLife 07 or Leopard- I'l purchase them a month or so after they're released. Let others cope with the glitches!

Share This Page