new macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smogsy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

ok im going to be buying new macbook on sat/sunday of this week.

just for internet use around the house as i have a self built vista pc that runs all my games

my mate told me i should wait till after the 15th?

whats happening on the 15th? i googled it and i got macbook-touch

could you tell me clearly as you possibly can what rumours are suppsed to hapen on 15th? :D

ps its macbook 80gb

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

dude...

Try Apple.com.

See Macworld?

It's a huge event, man. Happens every year. They tend to introduce new products.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

The big industry-ish pow-wow: MacWorld San Francisco. It's when/ where Apple usually announces new products/ product updates, etc. Quite the big deal.

Steve Jobs gives a presentation (the Keynote) and yeah, new laptops are rumored. :)

Some links to threads that talk about potential new portables: linky and linky and linky.

4. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I would suggest waiting until the 15th.
    there might be some macbook related updates...

5. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Yes, wait.

Now we have the Mac Pro out of the way, I'm incredibly expectant of brand new or revised Mac portable at Macworld (though I'm not expecting any "touch" nonsense... we have the iPhone/iPt for that already)

6. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Ugh. Don't worry that's just head-in-the-clouds pipdreaming. A multi-billion dollar company has more sense than to release anything like that.

8. CF Fighter macrumors member

Maybe a Macbook with Tablet like qualities, more akin to what Windows currently offers, but I don't think we'll see a strict "touch" Macbook. I think the touch technology is still too new, not precise enough, and not as mainstream to warrant a large screen portable. It has worked fantastic because it has been kept in very small electronics like a cell phone and an MP3 player. A portable which would be at the level of a Macbook MUST have some type of tactile feedback, people just need that responsive return to their actions, a click sound just won't cut it.