New Macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abz786, Jan 10, 2008.

1. abz786 macrumors 6502

okay so i am 1 week into using my brand new SR Mackbook and i F**** LOVE IT!!
    just have a few questions towards it, with a few software things.

1. i am taking a course at school and i use the whole Microsoft office suite. i have Microsoft 2007 on the mac but no visio. wondering if someone out here new if there was a visio for mac? or a program just like visio that can adapt with visio and the mac program itself.

2. i am wanting to know how ppl get their core temps of their computer in the task bar near their audio button and airport icon? as well as the percentage of how your fast your processors are working

So far i am really enjoying my mac. i can really see now why ppl love macs

2. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

not too sure about what exactly u meant with temps but have a look at the istat pro dashboard thing...google it!

3. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i got istat as a widget, but u can get it as a dashboard?

4. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

try iStat menus, its the same thing as istat pro but for your menu

i think its at islayer.com but if not just google it

its a great program and its the first thing i install on my mac when i reinstall :D

5. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

airitie
    thx i will for sure give that a shot tonight

anyone with an answer for the visio>

6. TooFastForLove macrumors member

TooFastForLove

I don't know of any version of Visio for the Mac, but I'm sure there's a reasonable facsimile out there.

However, if it needs to be Visio: Put Windows on there (either virtually or natively) and then install Visio on that. As a student, you should be able to get a copy of it from the Microsoft Software Developers Alliance (MSDNA) for free. Windows too. I've downloaded lots of free software that way.

The only program worthwhile that they don't give you for free is Office :S but oh well. Good luck!

7. je1ani macrumors 6502

Why do people insist on making such misleading titles? Just so we can come in here and hear about your new crappy laptop? bah