New Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theiphoner, Feb 26, 2009.

1. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

Hey Guy's just bit the bullet and purchased a 2.4 refurb macbook, I'm a first time mac buyer is there anything in particular I should look out for when I un box it, appart from the obvious that is.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Nope, just the obvious. Congrats on the purchase!

3. mik34 macrumors member

Congrats and welcome. You'll love it. I converted about 3 years ago and my iMac runs like new. And my new Macbook is awesome.

4. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Yes there is. Get Flip4Mac and Perian so that you can watch/listen to most media formats using Quicktime. Those are essential. Other than that, congrats.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Yes there are...

I've heard once you open the box you need to spin around 3 times to discharge any electrons before touching a new apple product.

Then before you start using the macbook for the first time you need to google steve jobs and find his middle name, dob. Write these down on a piece of paper and put it in the mail to the North Pole cc: Santa

After that..you are all set to go.

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

If I bought mine May '06, is it too late?

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I've heard purchases made before Jan 2007 require you to purchase a box of Rasinettes and the newest Billy Joel CD. You then must eat the first rasinette while pressing play on the first track, simultaneously turning on the macbook for the first time. This was just rumor though.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I KNEW IT!!! Steve Jobs is SANTA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congratulations on the acquisition theiphoner!

10. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

11. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

well my new macbook arrived today, my first impression is Wow!! the quality of the machine is superb, just playing about now getting my head round osX, many long, fun days ahead. :D

12. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Getting your head around OS X is grossly different than getting your head around anything Windows. You see, you will actually enjoy learning your new machine and its capabilities. This is a distinct difference of Macs vs PCs. Congrats and cheers!

13. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Exactly. You'll find many new things that you didn't know about and you'll be pleased every step of the way. I've been using Apple computers my entire life and I still have those moments where I discover something new and feel entirely pleased that Apple thought about it.

14. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Made the switch 5 years ago... bought a high-end 12" powerbook g4. Still use that same computer now and it's been excellent. Best 1800 bucks I've spent. :) (however, I'm saving up for a unibody macbook pro... could use some updated tech.)

15. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Check out some of the "have to have" programs on here. Congrats, I love my Mac, happy I made the transition from a PC.