New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NPMac, Apr 21, 2009.

1. NPMac macrumors newbie

I just recently got my 17" Macbook Pro last week and could not be happier! Te last time I used a mac was back before os x but cant believe how much they have changed yet still be refreshing to use compared to windows. At first I thought I might of made a mistake spending almost 3k on a laptop, but anytime I start to think that I just have to go to work and see all the windows computers and how much of a pain they are... Also I know the 17" is only suppose to average 8 hours but mine has gotten 9.5 hours of internet surfing in my house wirelessly, I laughed the other day when a friend of mine was bragging about his 17" xps getting 2 and some change :)

Using a Mac just makes using windows and all its "Features" unacceptable, never will I own another windows computer if I can help it.

Oh and just wanted to thank all the people on here, read a lot about the new MBP before buying it on here.

2. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Congratulations....

Congratulations on your new Mac. Trust me, this is the start of a very beautiful relationship :)

One tip: forget everything Windows, and it's way of doing things, and you'll do just great.

Ok, second tip... Don't go mad on installing AntiVirus and various utilities like one gets fixated with on Windows. Just enjoy your Mac.

Welcome from the other side.

3. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Congrats... I'm a recent switcher too and I'm lovin it as well!