New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jwpoore, Mar 10, 2010.

1. jwpoore macrumors member

Is it worth holding on to wait and see if the poly carbonate model gets updated when the unibody ones do? Also will it play games alright? As well is it worth getting the bottom spec Alu model?

Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ --> LINK

The thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question has been asked several times?

from the forum rules:

Minor Problems

3. Thread titles.

Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

3. jwpoore thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the link however do u think it's worth waiting?

4. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

It has been a few months, and they could see an update soon, however i doubt it would be too significant.

5. aixporter macrumors member

aixporter

i doubt it, just because apple isn't known to upgrade mbp and mb lines simultaneously. That said, probably a spec bump by October 2010... i could see the mbps at Core i5, i7 and the mb at i3

6. jwpoore thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your input. whats the 9400m like at games? also will my new macbook now not die on youtube/flash involved activities?

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Check out this new invention... Maybe you can use it for other queries too...

8. jwpoore thread starter macrumors member

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's what you get when you follow tristangage's link, as it points to threads here on MR which talk about the gaming capability of the 9400M.

There is not really a point to repeat something that has been said or written a thousand times, especially when one can find those words as easy as with MRoogle.

10. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

This is true. When you buy the Macbook and find out how well the games run to your liking, why don't you let us know, along with what sort of games you play, how old the games you want to play are, how much of an active gamer you are, and any other relevant information which you failed to mention in this thread. Maybe then we can help you, although I guess it might be a bit late...

The link I gave you, second result down, has a highly informative page on gaming and the 9400m in the Macbook. You can't say I wasn't helpful.