New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by anmldr, Aug 16, 2010.

1. anmldr macrumors member

My last MacBook started having problems so I purchased a new one. I had been using TimeMachine so everything was backed up.

I started the new Mac and answered the questions, and set the new Mac up in my name. I probably should not have done this first. Then I found out that I could use TimeMachine to restore all of my files and apps to the new Mac so I plugged in my external drive that had my backups and everything transferred to the new Mac. This was GREAT and painless in comparison to setting up all apps on a Windows machine (usually takes days or weeks to do this).

However, now I have 2 accounts on the new Mac and both are supposedly administrators. I would like to delete the first one but I do not know how to do that.

Also, and this is a major issue for me, when I open iTunes I get the message, "The iTunes Library File is locked, on a locked disk or you do not have write permission for this file".

I open the folder on the external drive that contains the music and it looks like I don't have permission to open the folder. I do a "Get Info" and in the permissions area, it shows that both accounts have read/write permissions.

What can I do to change permissions so that I can get back to using my iTunes library but on the new computer?

The other annoyance that I have found is that when I try to open Microsoft Office apps, I get this error.

>An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library.

Then the file that I am trying to open will open with Read-Only access.

Any suggestions?

Linda

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Go to System Preferences (the grey cogs icon) and choose Accounts. Then click the lock in the bottom left hand corner, type your password and then you can select the account and press the little minus button. Hope that helps!