New MacBooks are.... awesome

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Nov 20, 2007.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi guys I just today got my 1st generation blackbook core duo, 2 GB ram, 2 ghz, 80 gb hd, tiger 10.4.11 replaced by apple for free for a new blackbook, 160 gb, 2 gb ram, 10.5.1, and I have to say, I like this blackbook more.

The keyboard is definately cheaply made compared to the other one, but still nice. That is the only regret. Leopard is a beast. Period.

No screen issues, no fan issues, no nothing. C'ya later CD, hello SR.

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. Xtremekillr macrumors member

5. rossgumbrell macrumors regular

have to agree with you on that one, got the exact same one. loving every sec using it!

6. jmack549 macrumors 6502

The keyboard issue is scaring me. Price is a big issue for me, and every now and then I'll see a CD on the refurb list for pretty cheap. I'm considering going that route, being that it's my first Mac, and seeing how I like it.

7. koshper macrumors member

I've just ordered the 2.16 c2d rfb off the apple store and I can't wait for it to arrive.

I would have been happy with either one but saving £160 swung it for me!

8. saga macrumors regular

Same here. My CD MB was having issues and was going to have to be sent in for repair for a third time. So Apple issued me a replacement, and it happened to be the new SR MB Black. It is a great machine.

9. T-Mac macrumors member

Now that my first SR Macbook with a defective "B" key has been replaced with a new one -- I completely agree that the Macbooks are awesome!

I am really enjoying the Mac experience and am glad I finally took the plunge!

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Having had all Revs of the macbook, this my 5th, is better then anyother rev...build quality is much better....

11. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

It's hard to wait

The new MB is a great value and it has everything I want and know for a fact I'm getting one for Christmas this year cause I'm paying for part of it and its a hard wait but it will be so much better than this old PowerBook G3! :D

12. sinistersai4d macrumors member

sinistersai4d

^well maybe if you would stop buying ipods you could have boughten it sooner lol.

13. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

14. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Glad you got a good one. Hopefully they're getting better. I've been through three blackbooks dating back to May 16, 2006. Traded one in to Apple for a MBP due to random shutdown syndrome repeated fix attempts. Another exchanged for trackpad problems. Third is okay (2G C2D) but I'm waiting to get a 12" PB replacement which the MB is not. Unfortunately had to give up my 12"er to an employee who had his ibook stolen. Thought the MB would do but the "love" isn't there like it was (and still is for my employee) for the 12" PB.

15. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

The iPods were gifts I didn't buy them. :cool:

16. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Enjoy I just got mine yesterday and i'm loving it as long time pc user i wish i had got one sooner. There Great Machines!

17. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Bah, another issue that is with the new MacBooks, well, it's not really an issue, more like something the new update left behind.

The new graphics card, the GMA X3100, they put in the new MacBooks, doesn't support 16-bit color, so now I cannot run Age of Empires 2: Mac Edition on it or any 16-bit color game. Bummer.

18. Ubercolios macrumors newbie

I personally am not too big of a fan of the new keyboard layout...I preferred Expose and Dashboard on the right side.

19. ivan1234 macrumors regular

congrats! the macbooks are arguably the best computer apple as to offer in terms of value/performance imo. :D