New Macbooks! Are they really worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hentron, Oct 14, 2008.

1. hentron macrumors newbie

I can avoid to make my Review about the new Macbook update. I will try to be objective since I have been a good MAC user for many years:

The new MACBOOK:

Aluminum Case: Apple had no choice but to come up with a case that could solve the Fiasco of the poorly designed and manufactured plastic case. The old case were plagued with cracks, poop ups, discoloration, etc, etc, etc. Now this new case ....YES it is a mayor improvement but at a high price...Since I am in Canada I would have to pay almost CAN$1500 (taxes included) for an entry level Laptop?.....Hmmmmm...my bank account is asking for a bail out!!!

No Firewire: Come on Apple!...Are you trying to tell us all that we do not need firewire? In simple words Firewire is much faster than USB 2.0 so put it back or cut the price down!

Display: Nothing mayor except that now the LCD is backed up by LED which only help to consume less power...The screen is so glossy that i can see my wisdom tooth on a sunny day!...I want more resolution for the price I you are asking....Look around some of the PC's configurations and you will understand better.

Processor: hmmmmm...not really much faster! but a bit coler...no mayor improvement here.

Video Card: Yes....here there is an improvement...oh well isn't that why we are paying more for it?

Glass Track Pad: I don't see the mayor update...my old MacBook was just working fine with the old track pad....yes it is a nice toy but that's all.

Back Light on keyboard: Ohhhhh! it is not standard for the entry level...You want it...PAY FOR IT!

Conclusion: I think I have to agree that this update is more a cosmetic change than a real re-designed MACBOOK...Yes they have added whistles and bells but you have to PAY for it..... Someone said that this is to please the greedy share holders at Apple? hmmmmm..