New Macbooks = New Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thanachai, Dec 8, 2008.

1. thanachai macrumors member

Apple has made a yearly change to the Mighty Mouse ever since it was introduced late 2005. I don't believe we saw a revision at all this year. So does any one think they will introduce a new one soon? An aluminum Mighty Mouse? How sexy would that be? :D

2. amrk47 macrumors regular

3. scifiman macrumors member

Agreed! We have several labs in my school. In one in particular with white Intel iMacs, half the mice work and the other half are so jumpy they're unusable. We had to replace those mice. They are all on the exact same furniture in a well lit room.

Personally, I can't use the side buttons. Those are the buttons I try to use if I have to pick up the mouse and move it and I end up hitting the buttons.

4. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Amen man. Those MM suck. I just bought a new Macbook Pro and decided to go for a bluetooth mouse. I found one that looks cool and seems to function nice. I hope it works. Haven't got either yet. Both shipped today.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT600.aspx

5. StuBeck macrumors 6502

I didn't even know they made any changes to the mouse since it came out! I tried one for a bit and just couldn't get used to it.

6. macnvrbck macrumors regular

I think I'm correct in stating there has never been a change to the Mighty Mouse except the addition of the bluetooth one a few months after the tailed one.

Ya think they would have updated it when they released the new keyboards... but no.

My has always worked fine... I love it!

7. qwikrex macrumors member

I didn't like the BT mighty mouse too much. It was a bit too jittery. It got a little better when I used steermouse but it still was a bit off. Same goes for the Razer proclick mobile BT mouse that I used. I ended up settling on a Logitech V470 bt mouse for travel. It is still not prefect, but it's movement is a bit more accurate the aforementioned mice. It's ok for a travel mouse. At home I just use a regular wired Mighty mouse.

8. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

My school has a hundred of them. They all fail miserably.

9. Camoischaos macrumors member

10. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I can see them doing that, but it would be horrible for gaming and suck.

I rather use something that clicks.

But cosmetically, it looks awesome. One thing Apple probably wouldn't do is put an ugly gray area where the mouse is supposed to be clicked. By now, I'm sure everyone knows where to click ;)

11. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

And the scroll ball gets dirty and quits working too easily since it's so small. We have a table in my school's comp lab with about a dozen Core Duo iMacs. Scrolling down with the ball is pretty much impossible. It works every so often with 1 or 2. The rest are all hopeless.

12. showkati macrumors regular

13. Camoischaos macrumors member

I had that issue but if you get a clean piece of paper and roll the ball on it decently fast for about a minute that problem will be solved.

14. ant043 macrumors regular

i've had the mouse 7 or 8 months now. i was reluctant after i read about all the problems here. Its the best mouse i've ever had. No problems yet touchwood.

15. HaiRy macrumors newbie

Wow, thanks for the tip! I'd been cracking open the mouse every month or two and cleaning out the rollers which was really annoying but that method just started my mighty mouse scrolling downwards again.

In hindsight I probably wouldn't have bought it again but there's a real lack of decent bluetooth mice on the market.. a new improved mighty mouse would be great though, especially if it fixed the ball problems (I've had no real tracking issues)