New MacBooks soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matiasrl, Feb 7, 2008.

1. matiasrl macrumors newbie

Hi there.
    I'm thinking of buying a new MacBook, but I'm scared an update might be released soon (end of february?).
    What are your opinions on this matter?
    I would very much like an aluminium MacBook.
    The MacBook I am planning on buying is in clearance, so may finish up soon, which is the reason for my dilemma.

Opinions?
    Thanks!

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

No updates should be coming. The Macbooks were just updated in Nov.

3. wildthing1994 macrumors member

wildthing1994

Please click the 'Buyer's Guide' tab. next to the 'Guides' which is next to the 'Forums' tab. I think you'll find it really helpful.

4. matiasrl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Very useful indeed, hadn't seen it.
    My suspicion is, though, that given the november update was very minor, it might thus not be so representative...

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

It wasn't minor; that's what all updates look like. You can go to the "Guides" tab to read about the changes from version to version. It's always that sort of stuff--processor, memory, and drive bumps.

6. GeneKam macrumors regular

the udpdate was huge, this changed the whole laptop around, the only change that was not done is outer shell cosmetics, everything else was changed

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I'll bet that since the processor, chipset, graphics controller and keyboard were updated, the next machine to see a revision will be the MBP. My guess is that the MacBooks wont be touched until may-ish.