New MacBook's sticky surface-- what to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by muse2222, Nov 15, 2010.

1. muse2222 macrumors newbie

This may sound silly, but the sticky surface of the new MacBook really bothers me. I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way, and whether using something like wax might make it just slippery enough to be closer to the MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?

2. happle macrumors 6502a

sticky surface? you mean the rubberized bottom? i wouldnt call it sticky...at all...its barely grippy, never mind sticky.

but no i dont think you can rub wax on it LOL unless you want it to look and feel even ********. plus wax can feel grippy to the touch as well.

get a plastic hard case for it. thats the only thing i can think of. idk why it would bother you anyway though...

3. muse2222 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm referring not to the underside, but to the surface around and other than the trackpad. It is far more grippy and sticky than it used to be or than the MacBook Pro or Air are, and in fact the hand doesn't move easily, for instance, when going from top row to bottom row keys. I don't like the feel of it, which is a matter of taste. I was hoping there would be some workable way to make the surface on either side of the track pad more slippery, so the wrists and hands could more easily slide and move around. A little wax was what came to mind, but I am very interested in any ideas anyone might have. Thanks.

4. chown33 macrumors 604