New MacBooks to arrive in Early October!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arthursiew, Sep 15, 2008.

1. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

2. iMacmatician macrumors 601

"Aggressive entry-level price point" eh?

That's good news, but what tradeoffs will Apple make to hit that price point? :D

Combo Drive? No LED? 1 GB RAM?

Looking forward to October!!

3. LowEnder macrumors member

Wow!

Thanks for this one! A great way to start the day!

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

5. Aranince macrumors 65816

6. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Sounds a sweet deal. I'm still happy with my v4 BlackBook though :D

7. owdin macrumors member

This makes my day ! No mather it will look like... just to hear some confirmation feels good.
    The chance of this being true is high, I think.

8. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

If this is true, I can't even begin to explain how happy I am. I was starting to doubt they'd ever come out (at least not until Macworld or something! :()and that I'd been stupid to not have bought during the back to school promotion. This makes me very happy. Please let it be true!! :) :)

9. radionickhead macrumors regular

A couple of questions assuming they are unveiled on October 14th:
    1) Does that mean they'll be available to buy on the date they are presented?
    2) Will there be a wait on the market for the UK?
    3) Based on history - how long after did the Macbook pros get an update?

I start uni on sept 24th, but I could muscle it out until mid october..
    "if you need it buy it now" - yes I know theres no guarantee that oct 14th will be the date..anw any replies will be appreciated thanks

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's not confirmation. Don't get your hopes up. We still know NOTHING.

11. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I can't stand aluminum. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and aluminum laptops are ugly to me. I had a Pro and the wireless sucked as does my friends aluminum Pro's and PC's. No issues with my current Macbook. Glad I got my black Macbook. Backlit would be cool, but I wouldn't use it that much. I do travel a little, but I got a USB light that does the job good enough. I wonder what they mean by aggressive price point. Probably a $100 savings. Maybe not. I thought from all these rumors Apple had more changes than that. Then again how legit is that site that was referenced? Guess we will see soon enough. You will find out that you shouldn't believe anything until it is released. Until then take it with a grain of salt.

I'm at a point I'm praying Apple will release the new updates so this site will stop having so many people complaining about how long it is taking for the updates. I know, I know. I don't have to click on the threads. Secretly I like to see people whine.

12. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Backlit would be nice but black keys I don't like, also you are correct with the aluminum issues also heat will be another factor.

I would love to see the new ones but also happy with mine.

13. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

as ive said before... heat where? not on the inside of the computer...

14. 2Sticky macrumors regular

Sounds good, hopefully there will also be a drop in the MacBook Pros prices too.

What is the heat like on current Macbook Pros with aluminum, as in do they get too hot to have on your lap?

15. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

LOL heat from inside...as in Macbook air and my Macbook pro.........Pleeze..

16. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

My PowerBook G4 would get hot on my lap sometimes, but never so hot that it bothered me. Some people are really weird about their computers getting hot, though.

17. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

You are right and almost everyone knows it (look at the Pro/Air forums). My Pro got way too hot even when I wasn't doing that much. Like visiting this site. It has been a major problem with the aluminum laptops even on PC's.

18. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm just saying the aluminum case would keep the inside cooler. So heat would be less of an issue (on the inside)

19. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Exactly, the laptop acts as a giant heatsink and burns your bollocks off. I much prefer that to my computer getting a few degrees hotter.

20. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I hope this is true. It's nice just hearing things like this, even if I can't be sure they're true. Keeps me holding on another month or few weeks, or even days...

21. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Funny but each has it own heat, I had 2 MBP same model, one for me and one for my son, my sons was a bit coolor then mine running the same apps, I guess too much grease :(

22. ksabek macrumors member

nice to hear that...i got the blackbook really cool!!! i wanted to get the new ones but needed it for uni, apple should have released them before, anyways what to do, I have heard that the video card might be ATI