New MacBooks Tomorrow (tuesday 17th)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by markfc, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. markfc macrumors 6502a

    markfc

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Location:
    Prestatyn, Wales, UK
    #1
  2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

    Deepdale

    Joined:
    May 4, 2005
    Location:
    New York
    #2
    If it's Monday, it must be time for Tuesday fever. Anyone with a thermometer handy?
     
  3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #3
    with santa rosa's release in the near future, what could possibly be updated? the macbooks can't barge into macbook pro territory, and the mbps have nowhere to go. i'd be very surprised if laptops were updated tomorrow.
     
  4. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

    Jarcrew

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2007
    Location:
    Cardiff, Wales
    #4
    Does that not just mean they're getting more stock of those particular models?
     
  5. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

    markfc

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Location:
    Prestatyn, Wales, UK
    #5
    Yeah I know, I'm just wishing, gonna order a MacBook at the end of this week, would be nice to get an update between now and then.

    I know it won't happen though.
     
  6. Nermal Moderator

    Nermal

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2002
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #6
    I wouldn't expect Pros and Plains to be updated at the same time.
     
  7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

    SpaceMagic

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2003
    Location:
    Cardiff, Wales
    #7
    New MBPs I think, to work with all this new FCP. Shipping May (in line with Adobe CS3 and FCStudio2).
     
  8. giganten macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    #8
    Yes, new macbooks on Tuesday!!
    Nope they will not release something, but let us dream..
     
  9. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #9
    i would love to see something released.....anything
     
  10. c.joe.go macrumors regular

    c.joe.go

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    Location:
    the nexus of the universe
    #10
    interesting, but nothing.

    i would check with your local apple stores, their stock levels are much more indicative of changes. but i must add, this just doesn't seem like the time to throw out an update. i doubt that intel would give apple a head start to chip access, especially because santa rosa isn't even out till next month. hopeful thinking is good, but i would certainly plan on no hardware updates.

    oh :apple:, if you only would lift the veil ever so slightly.


    now, if they do update something tomorrow, maybe it will be an imac, renamed as a "mac", shipping with a widescreen ipod w/ wifi, all running leopard, for $999. alas, i must return to reality and wait for june.
     
  11. jhero macrumors 6502

    jhero

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Not near an Apple Store
    #11
    does apple really need to wait for intel to officially release SR?

    The new octo is using unreleased chips :)
     
  12. c.joe.go macrumors regular

    c.joe.go

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    Location:
    the nexus of the universe
    #12
    good point.

    well put. though it is merely a faster version of a chip that has been out for a little while.

    if they did release santa rosa mb/mbps it could possibly signify a change in intel's release habits.
     
  13. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

    Jasonbot

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Location:
    The Rainbow Nation RSA
    #13
    Didn't the NAB event fulfill your fix?
     

Share This Page